Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

[UPDATE] Suggestion for purchase

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Ok is time to buy a laser.

I in advance apologize me for the boring topic,

probably this is the nth open topic I know it, but I don't want take anymore in cheats has been it for the WL for me  :'( and because i don't know the other models of the other brands.

Well, i write thing interests me really in a laser so to help me:





1) It interests me the BRIGHTNESS and the DIVERGENCE ( because i will use it for long distance ) first of all

1) IT DOESN'T interest me to burn stuff  

3) Use the laser mainly to break the "balls" to the people and play outside...(but with attention obviously.....no to the eyes...no to aircraft ect...)  





What laser done recommend me? brand? model? power?

I was thinking to a Novalaser Alpha 125 mW...... ( for the security tools too )


I accept any help  ;)

Thanks.

Regards
 

daguin

New member
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
16,636
Likes
622
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

StIwY said:
I was thinking to a Novalaser Alpha 125 mW...... ( for the security tools too )
That will do everything you have asked about.

Peace,
dave
 

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

Razako said:
Go with the Alpha-125 or a low RPL.

Thanks.

they have the same divergence ? In the Alpha spec there is written "<1,2mRad" while in the RPL the Optotronics say "about 0,9x mRad"
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
2,032
Likes
8
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

Despite the 1.2mRad spec I find the PGL-III-A/Alpha lasers are more typically 1.3-1.6mRad. The RPLs have a noticeably larger beam diameter, so they aren't as good for unaided, close range burning, but it allows them to have top-notch divergence that's significantly better than an Alpha.

For what you're suggesting, if you're even gunna try it at all I'd suggest an X series in the <50mW range. Dunno where you're located, but I know here in the US I sure wouldn't want to get caught shining a green laser of any power around town. Illegal or not, it'd be trouble waiting to happen. Afterall, even us laser hobbyists rarely have a good understanding of laser laws, why should local run-of-the-mill police know any better?
 

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

pseudonomen137 said:
Despite the 1.2mRad spec I find the PGL-III-A/Alpha lasers are more typically 1.3-1.6mRad. The RPLs have a noticeably larger beam diameter, so they aren't as good for unaided, close range burning, but it allows them to have top-notch divergence that's significantly better than an Alpha.

For what you're suggesting, if you're even gunna try it at all I'd suggest an X series in the <50mW range. Dunno where you're located, but I know here in the US I sure wouldn't want to get caught shining a green laser of any power around town. Illegal or not, it'd be trouble waiting to happen. Afterall, even us laser hobbyists rarely have a good understanding of laser laws, why should local run-of-the-mill police know any better?
About my location, i'm located to a mountainous country in Italy and there is almost total ignorance on laser i believe.

Ah....so the Alpha is worse than RPL........but RPL price start at 579dollars  :-*

It's too much for me at moment.........mmmmmmmmmmm..........i'm undecided........you suggest me an X series.......onestly the X series have a bad aesthetics........for me  :'(
 

Razako

New member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
4,496
Likes
676
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

StIwY said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1217186437/0#4 date=1217190735]Despite the 1.2mRad spec I find the PGL-III-A/Alpha lasers are more typically 1.3-1.6mRad. The RPLs have a noticeably larger beam diameter, so they aren't as good for unaided, close range burning, but it allows them to have top-notch divergence that's significantly better than an Alpha.

For what you're suggesting, if you're even gunna try it at all I'd suggest an X series in the <50mW range. Dunno where you're located, but I know here in the US I sure wouldn't want to get caught shining a green laser of any power around town. Illegal or not, it'd be trouble waiting to happen. Afterall, even us laser hobbyists rarely have a good understanding of laser laws, why should local run-of-the-mill police know any better?
About my location, i'm located to a mountainous country and there is almost total ignorance on laser i believe.

Ah....so the Alpha is worse than RPL........but RPL price start at 579dollars :-*

It's too much for me at moment.........mmmmmmmmmmm..........i'm undecided........you suggest me an X series.......onestly the X series have a bad aesthetics........for me :'(

[/quote]
The Alpha series isn't bad. They just have slightly worse divergence than the RPL's. Also the Alpha's take standard AA batteries which could be considered a plus.
 

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

however, is not quite right that the Novalasers write "<1.2 mRad" when in reality it is not so ...... You remember someone ? ;D


However.......if you were me, what do?

Wait to have more money for a RPL or what ?_?



P.S I would remind you in the past I had two laser WL from 35mW and 75mW (75mW was certainly underpowered :-X )
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
3,181
Likes
68
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

get an x-100 i have one its great and powerfull oh did i mention powerfull  ::)

Edit dude your clown looks creepy "JORGEE"
 

Razako

New member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
4,496
Likes
676
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

StIwY said:
however, is not quite right that the Novalasers write "<1.2 mRad" when in reality it is not so ...... You remember someone ? ;D


However.......if you were me, what do?

Wait to have more money for a RPL or what ?_?



P.S I would remind you in the past I had two laser WL from 35mW and 75mW (75mW was certainly underpowered :-X )
Have you looked at the optotronics PPL series? You can also look at the laserglow Aries series.
 

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

i searched more........


About Pen.Sized by Optotronics ? There is a 55+mW laser at 103dollars........it's good ?
 

styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Likes
477
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

StIwY said:
i searched more........


About Pen.Sized by Optotronics ? There is a 55+mW laser at 103dollars........it's good ?
That 55mW pen laser from Opto is good, ask Jack for one with good divergence. The 55mW laser is a NewWish laser, all of my NewWish lasers have really good divergence.
 

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

styropyro said:
[quote author=StIwY link=1217186437/0#10 date=1217204259]i searched more........


About Pen.Sized by Optotronics ? There is a 55+mW laser at 103dollars........it's good ?
That 55mW pen laser from Opto is good, ask Jack for one with good divergence. The 55mW laser is a NewWish laser, all of my NewWish lasers have really good divergence.[/quote]


Do you mean to ask for Jack in the mail of Optotronics ?

Last help questiona bout laser boys.....LaserGlow in his spec there is write a divergence "from 0,9 to 1,4".......it's true in reality ?
 

StIwY

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
68
Likes
0
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

I am undecided more and more on thing to buy.  ::)


Below there are my possibilities:



1) NOVAlaser Alpha125



2) Optotronics PPL-125




I submit me to your wisdom........ ;)
 

Razako

New member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
4,496
Likes
676
Points
0
Re: Suggestion for purchase

StIwY said:
I am undecided more and more on thing to buy. ::)


Below there are my possibilities:



1) NOVAlaser Alpha125



2) Optotronics PPL-125




I submit me to your wisdom........ ;)
Go with the PPL. It has better divergence and longer run time with C batteries. Also you can set the power to whatever you need.
 

GooeyGus

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
2,673
Likes
38
Points
0
I had an alpha125 and it was an amazing laser. The power was great, even over long periods. DPSS is inherently unstable, but my alpha would hold 145mW over several minutes and not really get warm at all. GREAT laser, you wont be disappointed.
 




Top