Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Underpowered DL...

So I was on Laser Community, and I found this!

I have one 125mW from www.wickedlasers.com for 500$, it came with goggles, and one 125mW from _ that cost 370$. My wicked laser peaks at 123mW after 6 seconds, and my _ peaks at 78mW after 9 seconds. Both are underpowered, but Steve was nice enough to give me Wicked Bucks towards my next purchase. When I talked to dragon, a chinese girl said that when they run out of 125mW lasers, they just ship out lower models, because most of the customers don’t have laser meters.

http://www.lasercommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=11315

Has anyone here gotten any laser that underpowered form DLs here? :-/

Just thought I would share...

S

SenKat

Sounds like hogwash to me - What company would SAY that on the phone ? That is NUTS !! ;D no proof on my part as to the validity of that statement - but everyone on here that has had issues with their Dragons have been dealt with swiftly, and fairly - provided they contacted Dragon.  The only one I can recall with an issue was a "former member" who never took the time to return it - his fault there, in my book.....

I figured it is bs, but it is really irritating when you look at the laser community forum... They all just believe it without question, then go on to say WLs are better...

T

timelord

It's the cult delusion all over again on the LC. They'll say anything bad towards another company in the vague hope that Steve will make them the new pet ;D. IMO these are usually kids and students that have no money and act on envy.

This is true! ;D

Ahhh, it makes me sad. :'(

If I have a problem with a laser (my wicked lasers), I get a ton of responses here. If I post it there, the thread seems to disappear with little (if any) help at all. :mad:

This also seems to happen with others that post problems there (unless it is about another company). :-/

LAME!

From my rough measurements, My DL95 outputs about 117 mW. It does what I wanted.
I don't go to LC anymore because they seemed like 12 year olds living a fantacy. I never learned anything there AND I don't care who this "Steve" guy is. Facts and figures is what this science is made of.

Mike

T

timelord

Fair comment mike BTW you've certainly got a very good DL95 there too. ;)

S

SenKat

Hemlock Mike said:
From my rough measurements, My DL95 outputs about 117 mW.  It does what I wanted.  
I don't go to LC anymore because they seemed like 12 year olds living a fantacy.  I never learned anything there AND I don't care who this "Steve" guy is.  Facts and figures is what this science is made of.

Mike

Excellent ! Facts and figures - love them ! That's how I live my life !

SenKat said:
[quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1171587148/0#5 date=1171593011]From my rough measurements, My DL95 outputs about 117 mW. It does what I wanted.
I don't go to LC anymore because they seemed like 12 year olds living a fantacy. I never learned anything there AND I don't care who this "Steve" guy is. Facts and figures is what this science is made of.

Mike

Excellent ! Facts and figures - love them ! That's how I live my life ![/quote]

LOL, the sad part is that most people live there life like this.... :-/

I can't prove it either way, but it honestly doesn't surprise me. I've seen MANY CNI lasers from personal purchases, people sending them for testing, and most of all, my personal ordering from CNI. DL has told me their 125mW lasers are >125mW lasers on 60 second averages, but from what I know about the population, this is next to impossible. There are many people with stories of underpowered DLs 125s, though you don't really see them at a forum like this. This is why I always suggest going with, at max, a DL 95. I'm probably going to get flamed now...."BRING IT ON"!

T

timelord

You won't get flamed Carter i do agree with you about CNI. I was lucky with mine and got a good one, the only thing it does when the batteries get low is mode shift from TEM00 - TEM01 very briefly and then it's ok once warmed up. But with brand new batteries it has no problems at all.

S

SenKat

No need to flame you at all - after all, you are just speaking from your experiences - you weren't stating, " ALL DL are CRAP!" or anything... ;D

Stick with Laserglow - you will NOT be sorry ! (Now - THAT may cause argument ! But - it is after all, my opinion !) ;D :cool:

I was going to get a DL 125mW, but I don't know if I should now... :-/

I think I will just have to get one of those LO EnVee's instead (even though they are still CNI lasers)! ;D 100% duty cycle!