Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Under car lighting

Has anyone used them fluorescent strips that go under your car for anything else ?? and what battery supply did they use, I want to pimp my wheelchair with one and needs 12V to run it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

THIS is what I bought

It says "DC 12V" on the title.

You can make something more custom if you want it.
Rhodamine + Violet led or highlighter fluid + violet led...

:yh:

I was hoping for something smaller, my chair already has 2 batts to run the motors, it's heavy enough as it is :)

would something like THIS work ?

Last edited:
If you already have a charger for SLA cells, this site has lotsa different sizes:
UPS Batteries | Gruber Power I've been meaning to do more research on SLAs.

You probably already have some 18650s and charger for 'em, maybe make a 4S pack with a 12V regulator.

Unfortunately the charger is built in to the chair and can't personally access the batts There is no room for any SLA cells anyway :(

My chair is on loan indefinitely so I can't mess with the working parts so to speak hence i need a separate batt. THIS should suffice shouldn't it ??

Thats a neat little batt. ^ what do your lights draw amp wise? you would need a conector that matched that batts output or cut and splice.

I'm assuming SMD LED's draw 20mA from THIS not sure if all smd LEDs are the same, but they shouldn't vary that much. I'ma gonna order it

That's what i wanted to hear :) It's gonna take a few weeks for the power pack to arrive, but i'll post pics

Also, the wires on the LED strip aren't marked :/ don't really want to damage it by reverse polarity. Anyway of testing which is
positive or negative

Last edited:
You can lower the current draw using a resistor right? A big, power resistor can halve the power drain (and brightness ;)).