Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UNBAN LaserHunt

DJNY

Some of you might read about the guy LaserHunt who offered to help ordering from the Chinese ebay-site taobao.

I gave him an taobao a chance and ordered a laser for $70 (incl. product, shipping, PP and handling fees)

One or two days later he get banned for creating multiple accounts, an account he created back in 2010 (smarthonghong)

I asked Ave and Dave (nice name combination btw) to unban him cause I don´t have his mail address. Dave gave me one, but got no reply - also told him in the mail that it is strictly forbidden to create more than one account.

On the same day he created another account just to tell me that the laser is shipped from taobao to him and he will keep me updated. This account is also banned.

Please Ave and mods, unban his LaserHunt account just that I have an option to stay in contact with him. If he creates another account again or spams the forum, I vote for a permaban.

I´m very interested in the laser I have currently on order and taobao and this guy might open us all a new source to some cheap, good quality lasers!

LaZeRz

Well i think he deserves a seccond chance and DJNY needs to contact him so i vote UNBAN even though its not a poll :p

Some of you might read about the guy LaserHunt who offered to help ordering from the Chinese ebay-site taobao.

I gave him an taobao a chance and ordered a laser for $70 (incl. product, shipping, PP and handling fees)

One or two days later he get banned for creating multiple accounts, an account he created back in 2010 (smarthonghong)

I asked Ave and Dave (nice name combination btw) to unban him cause I don´t have his mail address. Dave gave me one, but got no reply - also told him in the mail that it is strictly forbidden to create more than one account.

On the same day he created another account just to tell me that the laser is shipped from taobao to him and he will keep me updated. This account is also banned.

Please Ave and mods, unban his LaserHunt account just that I have an option to stay in contact with him. If he creates another account again or spams the forum, I vote for a permaban.

I´m very interested in the laser I have currently on order and taobao and this guy might open us all a new source to some cheap, good quality lasers!

How many Posts or Reps did this guy have when you sent him your
$70.00 before he was banned....:thinking:

From what you say... he has already confirmed shipping...

Jerry

DJNY

How many Posts or Reps did this guy have when you sent him your
$70.00 before he was banned....:thinking:

From what you say... he has already confirmed shipping...

Jerry

Sometimes we have to take the risky way to find out something.

I trust him, but I would like to keep in touch with him during the shipping process etc.

Well like all the vets tell the new members...
Make sure that you know the Seller and that
he has built up a good reputation and post
count...

If you decide to ignore common sense and
experience then you wil be in the boat alone
without a paddle... IMO :cryyy:

Jerry

Asherz

Well like all the vets tell the new members...
Make sure that you know the Seller and that
he has built up a good reputation and post
count...

If you decide to ignore common sense and
experience then you wil be in the boat alone
without a paddle... IMO :cryyy:

Jerry

How can he build a rep as a seller if no one takes the plunge first? :)

I think DJNY understands that he took a risk, and was willing to accept the chance of loosing his money, but since the guy seems to be going out of his way to contact DJNY and make sure he's getting updated it shows he's not out to take his money. (Guess we'll see when/if the laser arrives.)

Anyways I think DJNY is just requesting he is unbanned, even if temporarily just while his deal goes through, I don't think it's unreasonable as long as the member isn't effecting the forum in a negative way (spamming etc), he's not asking anyone to help him out or moan about being scammed - he just wants the chance to make sure his trade goes smoothly.

From what I understand, he was only banned for making multiple accounts.

Last edited:
If DJNY paid by PayPal then he has the Seller's
E-Mail addy on his PayPal payment receipt...
It is hard to help if you only have a trickle of
information..

As to How can he build a rep as a seller if no one takes the plunge first?

I was a member here contributing to the Forum for ~6 months before
I offered any products on the Forum... (even though I was selling LPMs
on eBay and my website)
I decided to get a post count and reputation first... because that was
more important to me than selling right away...:yh:

Jerry

I am posting and have been an unregistered lurker here for years, my first laser was a HeNe in 1984( no Orwell references please). I have even contributed some info that I think is valid and helpful to the community at large. I am wondering what exactly it takes to get Rep around here myself. I have even given rep a few times so far, but it seems to not show up. Perhaps I missed something in the rules section governing Rep. At any rate, I am with DJNY, unban the guy, keep an eye on him and if he makes some egregious violations or DJNY reports back that it is a complete scam, then permaban away.

Just my .16 (inflation and all)

Last edited:
NetGod3Coa HeNe in 1984. [B said:
I have even contributed some info that I think is valid and helpful to the m;891601]I am posting and have been an unregistered lurker here for years, my first laser was community at large. I am wondering what exactly it takes to get Rep around here myself. I have even given rep a few times so far, but it seems to not show up. Perhaps I missed something in the rules section governing Rep.[/B] At any rate, I am with DJNY, unban the guy, keep an eye on him and if he makes some egregious violations or DJNY reports back that it is a complete scam, then permaban away.

Just my .16 (inflation and all)

First of all... a Heads Up...
You are Thread Jacking... This thread is about unbanning
someone and not about Rep Points...
Next time this should be asked here....
http://laserpointerforums.com/f59/

Everyone should get a 2nd chance...;)

You have already accumulated 147 Rep Points in your
Profile... As soon as you reach 50 posts your Rep Powers
will show under your User Name and Avatar...

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks for the information :thanks: and there was no threadjack intended.:oops: It was merely to illustrate how someone might not have all of the needed information. The banned individual was obviously laboring at english and might not have read or even fully understood all the rules. I do have to give the guy props for going to the lengths he did to try to keep DJNY updated about his order.

Again not trying to step on any toes here.:confused:

Last edited:
It's all good...;)

Like I posted above...DJNY should use the E-Mail
address on his PayPal payment Invoice to contact
the seller...
That is if he paid by PayPal...

Jerry
(8500-339-30271)

Last edited: