Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UltraFire WF-501B 200mW green laser flashlight (FP/KD)

Short summary of the "UltraFire" hosted 200mW that focalprice.com and kaidomain.com sells.

Respective links: KD S008622 ($54.99), FP LP117B ($51.01) (after I price matched them to KD ;) )

Design wise it feels good. It's solid. Middle weight (aluminum chassis perhaps?). It has a plastic finish to it making it feel a tiny bit cheap. But all in all it seems to be a good host.

About here is where the review goes sour.

The power output is nowhere near advertised. It can with a lot of struggle burn black electric isolation tape. Matches just stand there looking silly at it :) It can generate a heat sensation on my skin. It is not so bad so that I feel the "needle" sting that my other 200mW does.

I'm really considering a LaserBee or something else which you guys may recommend me? ;)

The beam is among the worst I've seen. Doing my "mirror" test (projecting the laser beam into a mirror in my bed room then on to a white wall, estimated distance about 14 meters) the dot is literally 10cm wide.

I would probably discourage anyone wanting to purchase this laser pointer. I filed a complaint with FP for underspec. They granted me an RMA and will cover for half my return shipment costs for a full laser pointer refund.

Anyhow. Took some pics for you before sending it away;

Comes in a standard "Green Laser Pointer" white box:

01.jpg

Front shot:
02.jpg

Front removed. Big heat sink :) Couldn't get further into it however:
03.jpg

Beam on white paper:
04.jpg

Have fun!

Mikael

mmm.. it seems the dot of a MAX 50mw laser.. no more XD however... focalprice has bd laser. but SOMETIMES you can get a good laser. i am thinking to buy the 200mw laser pen at 44 dolalrs. or other 2 200mw pen... i if got luck i get a real 100mw or more