Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UltraFire 2400mAh 3.7v Battery Charger?

I purchased a green laser pointer some time ago, and I only now realized that the battery that came with it was an UltraFire 2400mAh 3.7v battery. To my knowledge, these are supposed to be rechargeable, but no charger came with the package. Should I call the company back? Or am I supposed to purchase my own battery charger?

Also, considering the battery is now depleted, what battery would be acceptable to use with a green laser pointer with a power output of <50mw and a 532nm wavelength?

P.S. Yes, I do have proper safety equipment (goggles, private area, etc) and do not plan to use this anywhere other than my own property with nobody else around.

Regards,
LaserNoobs

Hi and welcome ....dare i say it there are plenty of good chargers on eBay ...intellicharger,soshine ,nitecore. These are all well current and voltage regulated and thermal cutoff on seperate circuits for all batteries being charged .get one of those or other similar ones with the three safety circuits built in. Don't buy a 3 dollar charger they are dangerous and if something goes wrong you can have them catch fire. Spend a little bit more money and get a good charger.

Hi and welcome ....dare i say it there are plenty of good chargers on eBay ...intellicharger,soshine ,nitecore. These are all well current and voltage regulated and thermal cutoff on seperate circuits for all batteries being charged .get one of those or other similar ones with the three safety circuits built in. Don't buy a 3 dollar charger they are dangerous and if something goes wrong you can have them catch fire. Spend a little bit more money and get a good charger.

Oh, I see. Now, again, is that the only option? Is it plausible there are other batteries which can output 2400mAh @3.7v that I can simply purchase at a store or something of the like?

P.S. Thanks for the welcome :D

Regards.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. Now, again, is that the only option? Is it plausible there are other batteries which can output 2400mAh @3.7v that I can simply purchase at a store or something of the like?

P.S. Thanks for the welcome :D

Regards.

No, you must use the same size battery, you can buy new ones online and they don't have to be the same brand, but there is a number on the battery such as 16340, 18350, 18650, or something else, that number is the size of the battery, it doesn't have to be 2400mah though, that just gives you an idea how long it will last.

Alan

LaserNoobs;

Safety should be your first consideration.

Lithium ion cells from 2nd tier manufacturers like your ultrafire do not have UL-1642 safety approval.

I only use cells that have met the UL standards (brand name manufacturers).

Chargers also vary in quality and workmanship.

They need not be expensive to work properly.

I have used about ten different chargers for years, without any incidents.

LarryDFW

Welcome to the forums.
Nitecore chargers are a good bet and LarryDFW sells the best batteries you can get.
See my sig about cheap chargers.
Buy a good battery and charger, you will need then later anyway so get them now.

Tmack

I need to pickup an i4 for myself. Welcome to the forum. Best wishes and have fun. Be sure to get those glasses