Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultrafire 12x XML

So with my last order of flashlights, the chinese dealer tried to screw me, and I only noticed after I paid. After throwing a fit for them raising their prices on me, I had a $79 credit. So I had them throw in a 12x XML flashlight to call it even.

It takes 3x 26650 or 18650 (has sleeves for 18650)

Now obviously being a chinese flashlight, it's not going to be 13,500 lumens as advertised, but it DOES have 12x XML T6 LED's so This thing has got to throw a little bit of light out.

Has anyone bought this light? I'm hoping I'll be amazed by its brightness to begin with, and not have to mod it at all.

LaZeRz

Should put out around ~3000 lumens which is quite a bit of light. I wouldn't think modding a light like this would be very feasible as it doesn't have nearly enough heatsinking to dissipate the heat created.

Still should be brighter than anything you own stock :)

I could always machine something to help with the heat. Even if I could just get 30 seconds on high....

I'm wondering if 3x 26650 would even be capable of providing enough current to max out 12x XML leds...

LaZeRz

What 26650s do you have on hand? a few good cells shouldn't have trouble even if you're pulling something like 2 amps from each xml.

Maxing out 12 xmls, that's going to take a seriously large driver and a crapload of heatsinking. something like 1 to 1.5 amps would easier to accomplish, and safer.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the LED's are severely under driven.

Perhaps you could do a sense resistor mod to jack up the current to 3A each and add some beefy heatsinking?

Check out this thread, although it's 7xXM-L, not your 12xXM-L.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/12661

Last edited:
I got the flashlight today.
This thing is MASSIVE!
I have the urge to beat someone to death with it as I hold it in my hand.

It IS bright, but I want it brighter! it's definitely underpowered.

From what I can tell, the reflector is hefty, pure aluminum.

under the reflector is another aluminum disk. On this disk are 12 XML led boards thermally glued to the disk.
They appear to be wire up in groups of 3.
3 LEDS in series with the 4 groups running in parallel

The driver doesn't look like anything special. I'll post pictures of everything here in a sec.

Last edited:
Here is the driver and the LEDs showing the wiring.

It should also be noted that there is a LOT of unused room inside the head of this host.
I think if there were a way to power these at full power, heat sinking would be feasible in this host.

Even if it's underpowered, as it sits it is definitely worth the ~$65 i paid for it.
I got mine from shenzhenwholesale.com

Attachments

• xml.jpg
    xml.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 387
  • xml1.jpg
    xml1.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 290
  • xml2.jpg
    xml2.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
Yeah upgrade the driver maybe one of those direct driven driver and see what happens. Is it a 17mm driver? And what size disks are the emitters seating on?

the driver looks to be a 26mm driver, definitely bigger than the 17mm ones.

Actually, I charged the batteries and noticed a huge improvement. I think i'm happy with how bright it is now......
i jsut need to get some 26650 batteries for it. instead of 18650's i am using.
the led boards are small,

Last edited: