Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Uk users...

Alex

Can any UK based laser fans point me in a good direction of somewhere to purchase lasers

Or is it worth having them shipped in from abroad.

Thanks!

VW

Just get them from abroad, the UK is the same as the US I think, as in it's only legal to sell lasers of up to 5mW.  The laws are different however, with importing from another country.  As far as I'm aware there still aren't any laws regarding importing high powered lasers into the country, only that they must have the correct safety features, like a warning label, key lock, five second power on delay etc.  That being said, you wont have a problem with ordering lasers without these feathures.  I wouldn't hang around though, as all that's likely to change in the future.  One thing to note though is that Paypal might not accept any payments for lasers...

robjdixon

In the Uk, lasers over 1mW are banned, but no-one really cares. What colour are you after?

Alex

In the Uk, lasers over 1mW are banned, but no-one really cares. What colour are you after?
Lol,

I'm probably looking for a green pen
Probably around 30mW

I looked on deal extreme, they do good priced with free shipping around the world,
Are there more expensive ones any good?

Alex

I like the beasty flashlight one,
Is there alot of difference between the torch style and pen styled lasers?

Sorry, still fairly newby

LRMNmeyer

Pen styles will have less heatsinking, meaning the diode will overheat faster. They will also be less stable than the torch styles. Some people like the portability of pens though.

JapanMan2

I would say get one from dragonlasers

i don't really trust things from ebay and dealextreme, they normally don't come with IR filters, and the light can give you a bif headache :S