Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK CUSTOMERS + NOVAlasers QUERY

hey i have just ordered my x-105 with case and stuff from nova yesterday YAY!! but i live in the uk and as such went for the tnt shipping worldwide at a cost of 40 dollars!! has anyone eles in the uk shipped by this method and if so does anyone know if you can check when its due to arrive because it requires a signiture so i need to be there on day of delivery but no idea when it will arrive!!!

On another note so pleased that i took the plunge and ordered it!! apart from the fact that im young and have a very tight budget im hoping it will be as gd as i expect this stuff set me back near on 270 dollars and that aint cheap haha!!

Quick edit: how do you create the writing at night using the laser pointer i have seen many photos and videos of this but dont know how to do it?? do u need a special laser pointer or special accessory or is it just a case of point and draw???

ok, I can't say for sure, but my guess is that the TNT shipment WILL require a sig. for 2 reasons: 1. It's TNT and most couriers track and 2. it cost $40, and is likely to have insurance, and they'd need to track where it went in the event of a claim.

With regards to the 'laser writing' its not really true. That is, the cameras have been changed to take a shot with a longer exposure, e.g. 2-4 seconds+ (which gives the user time to write with light). Your eyes have a slight POV (persistence of vision) but you can't change it to 2-4 seconds!!! ;D

Think of it like a sparkler at bonfire night. If you write your name, you can roughly see where it was 'drawn' for a fraction of a second, but it doesn't hang around for people to gaze at for hours!

BTW: Good choice of laser ;) I've heard they are excellent!

Dan :)

if this is your first laser
you will absolutely be blown away
good choice

and yea laser writing is a special camera setting not special laser

ok cheers guys and yes this is my first laser loads of people recommened it so i thought i would go in first off with something high power!! and i didnt know about the writing thing so thnx for that!! can the x-105 burn stuff fairly well without lenses and stuff??

I thought TNT were a British courier company?! Oh well, best checking with them if you want to know how long it should take. If you know the name of the expedited service then it should say somewhere on their site, if not just email with a tracking number and they can tell you.