Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uhoh

MY LASER BROKE :wtf: Ok first of all lately (past 2 weeks) I have been noticing that on infinity the laser was unfocused (like a focal point a yard or so away from the laser) and the focusing ring was as tight as it could be so I figured the diode assembly had moved back for some reason and started storing my laser standing up hoping gravity would fix it but it just got worse, today the focal point was 6 inches from the laser as focused as I could get it so I figured I might have to switch host's and I was burning stuff then unscrewed it to check if I can see if the diode housing moved and noticed the wire from the batts to the driver came off and I do not have a solder and I don't know how to get the driver, heatsink, and diode out without breaking it, I have always followed the duty cycle :scowl: any idea on how I can fix it ? I do know someone with a solder but I think I should just change host's, I will take pics later my dad has the camera and is not home right now
p.s. It is the Lazerer Stick as seen in my sig
p.s.s. I have had it for 2 months and use it on average 3 times a week for 10 mins each time.(following duty cycle of course)
p.s.s.s. I contacted Max a few minutes ago but the warranty is only 1 month. :cryyy:
p.s.s.s.s. The diode housing does look like it moved back but idk I might be wrong
p.s.s.s.s.s. I am interested in selling it, it worked perfect before the wire came off, it may need a new host unless it will only be used for burning or u can somehow fix the focusing problem

Last edited:

ARG

Find a member in your area and ask them to look at it for you, it could be an easy repair. Can't say much more without photos of the damage.

Find a member in your area and ask them to look at it for you, it could be an easy repair. Can't say much more without photos of the damage.

Well the wire may be easily soldered but there still is the focusing problem :/

ARG

Well the wire may be easily soldered but there still is the focusing problem :/

Well, if the diode module did just move back a bit, it shouldn't be hard to put it back to it's original position and use some thermal epoxy to hold it in place.

Well, if the diode module did just move back a bit, it shouldn't be hard to put it back to it's original position and use some thermal epoxy to hold it in place.

I tried pushing on it gently but it won't budge :undecided:
this is a pic from a previous thread when it worked
33mwnph.png
This is a pic I took with my phone now
10puli0.png

Last edited:
Did you splice in a piece of wire with tape or something?:thinking:

Last edited:

Benm

Can't you just push it back into position using a vise or something similar?

It probably won't budge when just pressing it with your hands, but some extra force can do miracles.

Can't you just push it back into position using a vise or something similar?

It probably won't budge when just pressing it with your hands, but some extra force can do miracles.

Wouldn't a vice risk snapping the driver? or is there a way to go around the driver? If you can push it forward and resolder the wire back on I will give you a 50mw 532nm module and cover the shipping cost's :D