Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

U.S confiscating imported lasers???

Or thats what people on youtube say. but i cant find any factual information behind it. ive read they are illegal in some part of australia or something.

so if i were to buy my first laser (hopefully an x-series 75x in a week from now) will i never see it again? will the us government jsut keep it? cuz i dont want to waste my 169 dollars if theres a chance ill never see my laser...
:/

Razako

WTB_Greenie said:
Or thats what people on youtube say. but i cant find any factual information behind it. ive read they are illegal in some part of australia or something.

so if i were to buy my first laser (hopefully an x-series 75x in a week from now) will i never see it again? will the us government jsut keep it? cuz i dont want to waste my 169 dollars if theres a chance ill never see my laser...
:/
I haven't lost a single laser to US customs and I have bought a LOT of lasers. The chance of your x-75 being confiscated is VERY small. I can't even remember the last person who was complaining about their laser being confiscated.

oh thank god!

ive been waiting for this thing for the past month and just about burst into tears when i heard this news!

cant wait to for it to come! :D

Chad

You'll get it just fine... the last time someone here got their laser confiscated was last year... I think it was Rasel, and he posted about it on LC. :p

I live in Pennsylvania and had no problem receiving my Nova X105. I also had no problem receiving my Wicked Pulsar. Nothing to worry about. :cool:

awesome awesome!

and btw, has anyone here ever used a nova laseres x-series 75? if so, could you tell me what i should be expecting as in power wise i.e. what will it be able to do (how far can it be seen, pop balloons, light matches, etc)

Chad

Usually, X-75s are in the mid-80's. You'll be able to pop balloons, and if you're lucky, be able to light matches unaided. The beam visibility is great, and you'll be able to see it for a loooong time. ;)