Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Typical green module V input questions

I recently gutted a WL E3 200mW (not up to spec) that I had, and transplanted the module into another 2x AAA pen host here. The module seemed to perform better in the new host than before, ie less mode hopping, more stable power.

With fresh AAA batteries the laser would mode hop for about 5-10 seconds and then go into what seems to be tem00 with enough power to smoke black tape and sting the skin (don't have an lpm yet)

I have gleaned from various spec sheets that the voltage input on these type modules can be from 3-7 V, so I dropped in 2 partially drained Li-ion 10440's one reading ~3.5V and the other about ~3.7V. When I insert the 3.5V battery first and then the 3.7V, the laser bursts fourth a tem00 dot from a COLD start with no warm-up time and with enough power to CUT black tape and really hurt the skin. If I put the 3.7V battery in first, then the 3.5V, nothing happens....What gives here?