Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Two more brass builds.

BobMc

I fell in love with the first brass host I got off ElecticPlasma ( EP ) so I told him it was real lonely and asked him to make two more. He said sure, he understood about how lonely a brass 445nm can get! So he fired up his lathe and wal-la, two more. Just as gorgeous.:) So I gave the 445nm, a mitts 638nm with attached driver and a g2 lens as a brother. And a 100mw ndg4216 515nm with attached driver with a g2 just to make sure the 445 would never get lonely again.:tinfoil: So here's some pictures of the birth. ( not to graphic, child safe ) :) First picture is of what we have to work with.
IMG_1022_zpsh4fhtrot.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is after I shortened the length of the contact board,she was just a little to long to fit in the host so that the lens would just fit flush with the top of the host
IMG_1023_zpscbhjxy1r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Now we recess the nut and bolt in the plug just a bit
IMG_1026_zps7sewy0b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]now were finished with the contact boards and getting ready to solder them to the diode/driver combo.
IMG_1026_zps7sewy0b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]The first one gets solder on and shrink tubed
IMG_1032_zpstkko3djr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]The second one gets soldered and shrink tubed
IMG_1033_zpslkidwbpw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]We have both modules and contact boards soldered and ready for install
IMG_1035_zpsl6b8sliy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Getting ready for the big moment,
IMG_1036_zpsaogczcfc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]And Houston we have ignition:) Time to throw them on the LPM and see what we've got.
IMG_1071_zps0jfovq1z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]The 515nm we have just over 120mw's of some real pretty green.
IMG_1070_zpsickppume.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]The mitts we're doing just over 325,mw's now for some beams shots:)
IMG_1039_zpslyr7ihrx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1041_zpshsjdi49r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1051_zpskxzlwsnz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Add the 445
IMG_1068_zpsw3bc1ris.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Add a couple of outside beam shots
IMG_1084_zpsdzwa7vxb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1082_zps4kf1y064.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1083_zpszx0xjljz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]And the finished product,and a shout out to E.P. for some really great lathe work!!
IMG_1056_zpsl5eowiuz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed building:) Merry Christmas to all!!

Last edited:

I really like the 515nm! :) You might want to remove the manufacture name though before others see it. :p

Reactions: Sta

BobMc

I really like the 515nm! :) You might want to remove the manufacture name though before others see it. :p

Oooops, done:yh: Thanks for the heads up, I forgot that's a no-no. The 515 is a really pretty green.

Last edited:
Hi BM,
I'm impressed your on a real mission and doing quite well i must say awesome job buddy. Keep up the good builds love em..

Rich:)

BobMc

@ Lifetime,Thanks, Think they turned out pretty good. It's nice how these low mw unit's throw a beam at night, very nice. Run time seems to be quite long, ran them over a minute and not even a little warm. It's was cold outside so I'm sure it helped. And thanks for the kind words.:yh: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ @ ElectricPlasma, Yea, they are a beautiful sight.! Very nice hosts, can't tell them apart, you did a great job. Gotta say though, the 515 is my favorite.:san:

Last edited: