Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

two dots laser?

just got my first laser today :D DX True 30..

it's a really nice laser as far as i can tell, but i have a question.. i remember reading something about TEM00 mode and two dots? i've noticed that sometimes.. after i turn on the laser, its one dot for a second, then splits into two dots.. is the laser defective or something?

also, is this temporary?

Switch

Bad news: Yes it's defective, it mode shifts to TEM01, it's not temporary and pretty much unfixable.

Razako

Does it shift back to TEM00 after you leave it on for a while? Some dx lasers are unstable like that.

Are you using alkalines? If so, try using rechargeables so your not giving it too much power. Sometimes that can cause over heating and create the problem you're experiencing. Theres a new thread about someones dx 200 that would mode hop almost instantly with alkalines but when he used rechargeables the problem ceased.

Ahh thanks for the tip :D i'll go pick up some rechargeables tomorrow.. how can i tell for sure if theres two dots? i had my brother stand about 30 feet away and turned it on... and it seems more like a big blob and then a trail (cone shaped) pointing outwards.

it seems fine for about 10-15 seconds if i let it cool down for like 10 minutes.. then shifts back to TEM01..

one more thing, people said using lithium ion batteries actually make the pointer brighter? is that for real?