Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorials?

what about a Tutorials (or documents or sth like that) section?

maybe everything about (for example) mode hopping, how to make a green laser and all that stuff can go in there and people can stop from asking the same questions in different topics (i see a bunch of people registered just to ask some things like that (which i think is great, but a tutorials section would make things easier for everyone)).

=)

EDIT: also a REQUEST Tutorial could be added (and then the tutorials should be stickied) in order to stop people from asking the same tutorial again.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys , sorry i didn't notice this thread until today.

i think this section would be helpful but we already have a lot of sections on the forum. do you think this section could be combined with another section?

if enough people want the tutorials section i will add it.

going to start a poll about it

regards
-avery

chido

I think it should be combined with the Help & Repairs section. I don't see a lot of people posting there, almost all the new people who need help post on the general sec, the red lasers sec, but most of them post in the Exp. an Mod. section. So I think if we combine the Help & Repairs with a tutorial section, new people might start posting there instead of the other 3 sections I mentioned.

Its a good idea, if it gets added I would recommend its made so guests can view the forum and topic titles but have to register to read the tutorial.

but the title should SHOW that it is also a tutorial section, because IMO i see a lot of people that go into help & repairs only to ask about something that is broken and how to repair it (well, that's what it is intended to :p).

I voted yes but perhaps if this forum software can do sub forums, put it in the experiments section?

let's give that a try.
maybe tut's should be stickied from time to time.

chido

Hooray, it's up. ;D Now somebody better start putting up some tutorials or people are going to be confused.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
yeah stickying tutorials is a good idea

chido

Well, I just posted two video tutorials, one for building DDL's circuit made by Phazonx, and one for building the dorcy flashlight made by Kenom. I think you should sticky them since they're the only videos I've seen that go through all the steps on building these two things.