Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial: How to make PCB using laser printer, household iron and sponge.

Simple heat toner transfer technique to make PCB using laser printer, and household iron.
That's what I do for quick home prototyping and to make aluminum face plates for my units.

All chemical are from local electronic hobby shop.
Printer HP Laser Jet 1012.
Glossy laser photo paper from Staples (item 651611).
If you don't have laser printer you can use xerox to make copy of your artwork. Since xerox employs laser technology it should work.

This is an excellent way to make PCB's. Great video! I can vouch for this method, it is easy and works great. I use Eagle to create the board and print onto Epson photo paper. The Epson is some kind of freak paper that lets me skip the water soak step as the toner just comes off the Epson paper and sticks only to the PCB when you iron it. I've also used the water soak way. My etching is done with Hydrochloric (Pool) acid mixed with hydrogen peroxide. This is a very fast etchant, but a fume hood or other good ventilation is required. The liquid tin is an excellent pro tip for finishing the board.