Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trouble in YellowStone

Would be insane if it really went off at it's maximum even.

Oh LP as a heads up you can add any youtube video for direct viewing if you copy and paste the code after v= in the link of the video itself. You paste it between the "[ YT ] here [ /YT ]" after clicking on the little youtube icon when you post a message/thread :)

Like this

Last edited:
I have seen and heard several stories on this before. I even remember talk of this way back in the 1990's. The park is open now, it was just one road that was closed for repairs due to melting, open again now and July is always the parks busiest month.

USGS says there is nothing to worry about, if you can believe everything they say I am not so sure though. USGS: Volcano Hazards Program Yellowstone Volcano Observatory it has been 70,000 years so its probably overdue. I say bring it on, if it happens in my lifetime then lets get it over with.

Alan

Its that Global warming, it is the cause of all bad things, I am sure that it is even making my hair fall out! So PLEASE, if you see a scientist walking down the street or at the mall slip him a hundred bucks so we can get this thing fixed before all my hair is gone. :thanks:

Oh by the way if Yogi or Booboo happen to be reading this GET OUT NOW MAN, there will be picnic baskets in Parks down South!!!!

Last edited:
If it blows at full potential most of the USA is toast as well as another dark age for the planet all together, the deaths won't be in our country alone if that happens. I've heard about this for years, many of us have probably seen a movie based upon the likely scenario of what would happen (some of you might be too young to have seen that) and it's awful, would be the thing to kick off the one world government some want so badly.

<redacted>

This is reality, not a game.

A team of geologists from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH) modeled a supervolcano – such as Yellowstone in Wyoming – using synthetic magma heated up with a high-energy X-ray to see what could create a powerful discharge. A separate international team, led by Luca Caricchi of the University of Geneva, conducted more than 1.2 million computer simulations of eruptions. Both groups have arrived at similar conclusions, with two studies simultaneously published in Nature Geoscience magazine.

"We knew the clock was ticking but we didn't know how fast: what would it take to trigger a super-eruption?” said Wim Malfait, the lead author of the ETH study.

"Now we know you don't need any extra factor - a supervolcano can erupt due to its enormous size alone.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh by the way if Yogi or Booboo happen to be reading this GET OUT NOW MAN, there will be PICNIC baskets in Parks down South!!!!

I think you mean' Pickanic' right?:crackup:

Quote FireMy Laser to laser project--

'Are you by any chance, retarded? Or are you trolling?'

Really? Why would you reply like that??
red -rep from me for that...

looks more like you are trolling LP to start trouble.

Facts to the contrary on this are welcome.. but insults are one reason so many leave this forum.:tsk::tsk::tsk:

hak

Last edited:
You can save the neg reps for when Yellowstone blows up. Then I deserve it.

Although, who cares, we'll all be dead, right?

Yellowstone's mantle plume became disconnected from the underlying heat source hundreds of thousands of years ago. That's why the plume is so cold. The upper part has nearly solidified. That means we're safe for at least a few hundred thousand years. Geologists are also not sure if it will ever reconnect again.

In the meanwhile, there's plenty of residual heat here and there. We are bound to have little events now and then.

If you want a mantle plume to worry about, trying finding one that's more active.

Yellowstone's mantle plume became disconnected from the underlying heat source hundreds of thousands of years ago. That's why the plume is so cold. The upper part has nearly solidified. That means we're safe for at least a few hundred thousand years. Geologists are also not sure if it will ever reconnect again.

In the meanwhile, there's plenty of residual heat here and there. We are bound to have little events now and then.

If you want a mantle plume to worry about, trying finding one that's more active.

Good, I hope you are right, but many other scientists believe it can still blow and yes, it is moving, has been for hundreds of thousands of years, it moves some and blows, moves more and blows again, this has been the pattern. More on Yellowstone here: What Would Happen if a Super Volcanic Eruption Happens Again ? - YouTube

This isn't one I'd spend much time worrying about, but at the same time, I'm glad I moved to Alaska. Moving out of the core of the USA gives me peace, I fear for the future of our country the way things are going now, Yellowstone not being one of the most immediate threats in my mind. I figure we have a couple more years before the rapid changes start and that will be a wild ride I'd like to avoid, hoping Alaska will be more peaceful.

Last edited:
If I could, I'd do so but cold space isn't very inviting to me.

I don't think it's about to do anything. All volcanoes have some sort of activity going on in them. It will either happen like it did in the movie 2012 or there will be a lot more people and agencies talking about it. Animals are constantly on the move. If they knew something was about to happen, they would probably be leaving in a big hurry all at once. Most likely no more than a day or two in advance. Even then, a bunch of them still didn't make it when St. Helens blew.

IsaacT

There always seems to be stuff to worry about. Military rule, Great Depressions, Anarchy, Nuclear War, Regular War, Volcanos blowing up, Fish dying out, there is a steady stream of it. And it always overwhelms me to think about it. But what should I do? Live my life on the run? It seems to me like humanity is in a massive room, but we are all huddled in the center where the last vestiges of light are keeping out the darkness and the demons therein. What happens when the lights go out? And should I plan for it or just risk it? What could one even do?

Just some things I think about. Things that worry me. What is behind the curtain and should I care? When will the doom happen? Will it?

I think you mean' Pickanic' right?:crackup:

Quote FireMy Laser to laser project--

'Are you by any chance, retarded? Or are you trolling?'

Really? Why would you reply like that??
red -rep from me for that...

looks more like you are trolling LP to start trouble.

Facts to the contrary on this are welcome.. but insults are one reason so many leave this forum.:tsp::tsk::tsk:

OK Mr Park Ranger, I get the Picature! :D
hak

There always seems to be stuff to worry about. Military rule, Great Depressions, Anarchy, Nuclear War, Regular War, Volcanos blowing up, Fish dying out, there is a steady stream of it. And it always overwhelms me to think about it. But what should I do? Live my life on the run? It seems to me like humanity is in a massive room, but we are all huddled in the center where the last vestiges of light are keeping out the darkness and the demons therein. What happens when the lights go out? And should I plan for it or just risk it? What could one even do?

Just some things I think about. Things that worry me. What is behind the curtain and should I care? When will the doom happen? Will it?

You didn't mention my hair loss! You just wait until you start loosing your hair Isaac, you just wait. Global Warming will become important to you then my friend!!!! :na: