Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

Tripod Laser Rig

Biffter

New member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
73
Likes
1
Points
0
I got a thinking the other night when i had both tripods out, one for the camera, one for the laser, that it was a bit too much kit to be carrying around, and not the quickest setup time. I have a car rig that I use for slapping my tripod to the side of cars for long exposure's, so I got that out the box, and did a bit of modifying of the parts and came up with this :D





If you just ever so slightly tighten the clamp around the laser it presses the power button down, and bingo, you have a steady beam that you can angle where you want. Lets see what happens tonight when it gets dark :D
 

T

timelord

Guest
That looks very sturdy to use I'm investing in another tripod soon too. Nice idea as well, the tripods i use are mini ones with clamps on so the can fit into my pockets ;)
 

Attachments

Biffter

New member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
73
Likes
1
Points
0
Yeah i saw your post before, a very handy idea, and was thinking about going to maplin to get one, but most of the time i will be want to take pics of it, i will probably be outside, so this should do for me :D

I've given up on the idea of having pocket sized camera gear ages ago, i've got a bag that weighs 2 stone that i lug around with me, so everything just gets thrown in the back of the van :D
 
T

timelord

Guest
I've just ordered as we speak a sony light weight sturdy tripod for my camera and the little tripods will be good just for the lasers now ;) I have 2 of the above tripods and another larger one which is ok but not sturdy enough for the camera. So this will be used for lasers also.
The sony tripod is coming from www.play.com if you search tripods it'll be the first one you see at £17.99 :cool:
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
2,032
Likes
8
Points
0
Wow, neat little setup you go there. Are those 3021pro legs? I was bored recently and shoved a Spyder II into the microphone holder on my camcorder (XH A1) and stuck the whole thing on a 501HDV head with 3021pro legs.

Its utterly useless for anything practical, but because of the 501HDV head it lets me get nice, fluid motion of the laser as well as being able to use the camera to aim the laser or vice versa (thats where the 20x zoom comes in handy)  :D
 

Biffter

New member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
73
Likes
1
Points
0
pseudonomen137 said:
Wow, neat little setup you go there. Are those 3021pro legs? I was bored recently and shoved a Spyder II into the microphone holder on my camcorder (XH A1) and stuck the whole thing on a 501HDV head with 3021pro legs.

Its utterly useless for anything practical, but because of the 501HDV head it lets me get nice, fluid motion of the laser as well as being able to use the camera to aim the laser or vice versa (thats where the 20x zoom comes in handy) :D
I think they are the 055MF3 legs off the top of my head, they are out in the van at the moment, but they are they carbon fibre ones, so slightly lighter weight, but cant do the clamps up too tight on them as it breaks them :(
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
2,032
Likes
8
Points
0
Biffter said:
I think they are the 055MF3 legs off the top of my head, they are out in the van at the moment, but they are they carbon fibre ones, so slightly lighter weight, but cant do the clamps up too tight on them as it breaks them :(
Ah, legs with a price to complement your 5D and lens. Quit making me so jealous! :D They seem to be very similar to the 3021pros I have but mine are heavier/weaker aluminum ones.
 
S

SenKat

Guest
DANG ! You guys are killin me - I have a Canon S2is with a $7.00 tripod...I think it is solid plastic.....LOL !! Oh, and I JUST found the damned timed exposure feature on the thing last night...I think maybe I need to locate that dang book and read it some.....
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
2,032
Likes
8
Points
0
SenKat said:
DANG !  You guys are killin me - I have a Canon S2is with a $7.00 tripod...I think it is solid plastic.....LOL !!  Oh, and I JUST found the damned timed exposure feature on the thing last night...I think maybe I need to locate that dang book and read it some.....
If it makes you feel any better some jerk just stole my (spare  :D) S2 IS. Let them borrow it for a project of theirs and they've moved since. I guess I can get it back sometime but its gunna be a royal pain.

PS: If you need any help with the S2 just send me a message on gtalk.
 

Biffter

New member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
73
Likes
1
Points
0
Ah photography i am trying to turn into a profession. Timelord might have heard of it, but I just got booked today for another job for Fast Car magazine. They are one of the top UK Modified Car magazines, so hence why all the camera gear.

To be honest, i am looking into a set of ally legs, as the carbon ones are too flimsy for my car rig, i am going to end up crushing one of them.

I wont mention that the camera I used to take the pictures above was a Canon 1DMk2N with a 70-200 F2.8 IS lens on it. :-X ::) :-? :eek:
 

Biffter

New member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
73
Likes
1
Points
0
SenKat said:
Yer speaking Greek, man - but you DO know your stuff, that much is VERY evident !
that last sentance was meant for pseudonomen137, he will know what it means ;)
 




Top