Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trimming Down...?

So it seems my laser collection is becoming rather large (and impressive) :D but as I'm delving into different branches of lasers, I'm realizing that some of lasers are starting to just sit on the shelf; not to mention, my wallet is begging for mercy :p

That said, what have you guys done in the past to "trim down and move forward"? I'm thinking I could narrow down to just one laser for each color to start with, and then maybe cut out a few colors... I think I'm a laser color person over a laser power person, but I don't want all of my lasers to be 5mW or <50mW either :p and I'm just getting hooked into gas lasers.

What do you guys think? Thanks :beer:

I used to be like you. Had a ton of lasers. But then I trimmed down my collection to only the ones you see in my sig (just one of each wavelength that I have). Basically, I sold off the ones I didn't want to keep. In the end, I kept only the ones with unique hosts (unless I didn't have any other lasers of that wavelength) and gas/ion lasers.

I would say, keep the ones that you value the most and maybe sell the other ones.

My laser collection is not that grand, I better start watching out though :beer:

I'm just not sure about getting rid of entire laser colors... I have a bunch of 532nm's so I'm not worried about that, but I only have one 405nm... one 593.5nm... one 635nm...

I'm just not sure about getting rid of entire laser colors... I have a bunch of 532nm's so I'm not worried about that, but I only have one 405nm... one 593.5nm... one 635nm...

Maybe sell some of those 532nm's?

Definitely keep the 593.5!!! That's a must!

Same goes for me, everything in my sig is what I have. But I never actually got a big collection, the only ones I didn't list are a keychain red and a dinky green pointer. my sig is all I got :p

Fiddy

So it seems my laser collection is becoming rather large (and impressive) :D but as I'm delving into different branches of lasers, I'm realizing that some of lasers are starting to just sit on the shelf; not to mention, my wallet is begging for mercy :p

That said, what have you guys done in the past to "trim down and move forward"? I'm thinking I could narrow down to just one laser for each color to start with, and then maybe cut out a few colors... I think I'm a laser color person over a laser power person, but I don't want all of my lasers to be 5mW or <50mW either :p and I'm just getting hooked into gas lasers.

What do you guys think? Thanks :beer:

Exactly what im doing atm, ive got more handheld lasers than what 50 hands can hold :D

Oh i forgot, your wallet will thank you too!

Pman

I have so many unique hosts that my collection wouldn't really drop that much. I just kept stuffing 532nm modules in every thing I thought was kind of neat.
Also have one particular host "Pman special" where the o-rings make a huge difference in the host appearance that I see them as all different.
I just keep them all neatly in cases. Maybe 5 people have seen my collection in person. Other than showing a nice little <100mw 532nm (extremely impressive for someone who has never seen one) i show a projector with music and then add a small amount of fog. Don't have the desire to just play with them really (especially my high power units as I find it much more fun to CAREFULLY and RESPONSIBLY mess with low powered units without the need for glasses).

Mostly mess with the standard 3 color pens although the 650 & 405 are modified for focusability.
Getting into other things such as projectors and lumia as well as GITD on a large canvas drawing with simple 405nm focusable pens as well as delving into little DIY experiments.

Last edited: