Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Too good to be true?

One of LPF's sponsors is by Tmart. I was curious about their banner that says 63% off so I went on it and came up to this.
150mW 650nm Mid-open Beam Light Red Laser Pointer - Tmart.com
That is 150 mW for 13$!!! Is it too good to be true or is it really that cheap?
It also says it uses 2 AAA batteries which I didn't think could provide enough current to drive the 150mW. I want to be sure it is really 150mW before actually purchasing one. Thanks.

LaZeRz

Lol might be a bit underspec, what made me laugh is this quote: (The red laser pointer is a precise instrument, can point at any desired targets, such as projection screens, video monitors bla bla bla) WHO WOULD POINT A LASER THAT STRONG (if it really is) AT A MONITOR OR A PROJECTION SCREEN??????? do these people want to go blind??

lol, anyway it might be true, this laser could be a really old model that they want to get rid of but only God knows whats going on.

Anyway hopefully someone who has this laser could tell you more about it.

DJNY

One of the reviews, I think it´s not faked :p

NOT!!! 150mw, doubt if its even 50mw unless mine was defective, its about good enough for cats and dogs (useless for astronomy)but not what i ordered. now to see if they'll give me a refund

If you´re looking for a cheap higher powered red laser pointer, I would go with this
100mW Red Laser Pointer Pen

I would trust them more

Yeah but I do not trust laserlands anymore because of something that happened in the past.
How do they sell it for 13$?? Is it really that cheap now? I remember back a few years, 100mW reds would sell for around 30-50$. Now 13? How can that be?

DJNY

I bought two a bit underspec 405nm lasers in the past. Got a nice refund from Laserlands!