Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Too bad these micro fans aren't available anymore-edit, looks like Sunon still does

daguin

Re: Too bad these micro fans aren't available anymore

Without links, this is useless.

Peace,
dave

goninanbl00d

I wonder what size (and type) fans are used in the Hercules- I'd guess centrifugal.

25mm is the smallest size you can get en masse. There's also 10mm and 15mm units for use in laptops- check on eBay or at specialty retailers.

ndrew2505

only newark has the tiny sunon fans of thw sites i looked at and the want ~20$ each for them.. :(

AJ_Dual

Next step is if there's a self-contained solid state device that uses HV and ionic flow to move air with no moving parts, so nothing to wear out ever...

Gryphon

^ doesn't moving air by that method also produce ozone (O3)?

hakzaw1

Check out All Electronics | Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Parts and Supplies at Discount Prices
Lots of little fans there, at good prices. Smallest is 20X20mm although. But at 1.2 CFM/9000RPM @5.0V, it pulls quite a bit (for a wee little thing)
Ramp it up to 8-9V and it will produce 2-3 CFM

Mark^^^ sent me one of those :thanks:and they are great for mini porta labbies!! Great tip!!! they fit perfectly inside the Meatball mini build.

hak
EDIT here is a link with posts that have moar links-

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-mini-micro-meatball-stinger-host-photos-added-47930.html

-I have no more of these stingers to sell but can re-stock if enough are wanting them--I am saving mine for 445 mini labbies...

Last edited:

boscoj

Was dreaming last night and thought a core i 7 heatsink

would be ideal and probably easy to fit into a D cell Maglite or even a bog standard plastic D cell flashlight. Figure out a way to hold your 18650 or whatever inside and there would be plenty of room for a larger fan . . .

actually fits perfectly into this plastic D cell flashlight . . .

Last edited: