Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Tis a Sad State of Affairs

daguin

Some of you were aware that I had to move out of my house.  My wife is staying there.  :'(   I am just now getting my computer back online and will answer many of your PM's today.  Sorry for the delayed responses.

So I started packing up to leave last week.  I started with my office.  I packed everything from my desk and some stuff from the closet and safe.  I brought a load of 28 boxes to the new place on Tuesday night.  I left them stacked neatly in the family room (soon to be my new office/workroom).  When I returned after class on Wednesday night, I discovered all of my boxes spread out on the floor with their contents rifled.  :mad:

Apparently one of my new neighbors is less than upstanding  :mad:

I report it herein to y'all first of all to simply vent, but secondly to alert the members in the Southern California area in case they or a friend are offered something of mine for sale.  They got LOTS of cut stones, jewelry, precious metal findings.  They got a Browning 9mm and my favorite Freedom Arms .22 Mag, along with ammo for both.  If you hear of cut stone bracelets and or loose stones for sale, please let me know.

They got some "raw" precious metals and coins.  I have been busy the last couple of days with government and credit agencies because they also got my passport, my Social Security card, and a copy of my birth certificate.  :eek:

For y'all there are a couple of things that might come up.  They also got my RPL 400 and my RPL Blue 40.  If someone "strange" (here in SoCal) offers one of these for sale (or suddenly has one that you know they can't afford), please let me know.

This last item of interest to y'all really just pisses me off.  They took my bag of diodes and drivers!  I am sure that they thought they were getting another bag of jewelry and gemstones.  The bag of diodes had lots of small little baggies with small stuff in them.  It looked very similar to the bag of stones.  The reason this pisses me off so much is that as soon as they open the bag, they are going to throw everything in the trash!!!!!  The bag contained my "back-up" 8X diode, my last 6X diode, my last 4X diode, half a dozen PHR's,  all of my SF-AD112's, all of the 635nm diodes I saved for myself, both of my Rkcstr dummy loads, 12 Rkcstr drivers, 8 flexdrives, and my $50 bag of "grab bag" diodes from Chris.  I never even got to test to see what I actually got from Chris in my bag  :'(  In addition, they took all of the empty pen hosts (Newwish) that I had on hand (~12), a Dorcy "kit". and an MXDL with a "Big Chunk" heat sink.  All of this stuff will go into the trash as well when they actually look at it :(

Since I wasn't "living" here yet (the house is legally "vacant"), the insurance will not cover the loss  :'(

The news is not all bad though.  Apparently my small black cases didn't catch their attention.  They left all of my personal lecture pointers.  As some of you are aware, I "collect" lecture pointers.  I have every available color and even a HeNe pointer.  Also inside these small black cases were all of my personally built hand held lasers.  I still have my 500mW 8X, my "pocket rocket, my "predator's sight" laser, my mini, red burner that Kenom made, and my "Matched trio" (green, violet, & red) of Kryton Groove lasers.  Also in cases are the last few 6X builds I made for sale and a handful of red modules.  Look to see those up for sale soon to fund the re-purchase of some diodes and drivers so I can get started on my "hobby" again.

They also do not know what labby lasers look like (or didn't know what to do with them).  They left all of my labbys in the pile and simply rifled through my HeNe collection.  I still have my HeNe rainbow. :)  I have tested them all the labbys left in the pile.  They are fine.  The orange Hene still lives  :cool:

Thanks for listening.  If you live in SoCal and hear of any of the items up for sale or see them in a pawn shop, please let me know

Peace,
dave

[highlight]**EDIT**[/highlight]  My online time will be sporadic over the next week or so while I get unpacked and settled in.  If you do not get a timely response from me, please bear with my slow reaction time.

That's awful Dave! Have you filed a police report? I'll be on the lookout as best I can online. I'm sure you will be watching the sky and it wouldn't be hard to catch a person that tries using one of your lasers at night! Though the stones, that's just awful.

This makes me furious, I know how upset I'd be and my collection is nothing. I'll be on the watch online, especially craigislist which is where criminals are known to rid themselves of items. I can try local pawnshops chances are they have no clue what they have with the lasers. I'm going to check around the around the area if ANYTHING comes up I'll let you know.

I'm really sorry, I'll be the lookout in my area hopefully something good comes up. I don't know why bad things always have to happen to good people. [smiley=angry.gif]

Holy shiT lets blame WES.

Im probably sure they dont know what to do with all, they must have got a 18wheeler.. Didint neighboor notice anything?

I will stay on watch dave~! ;)
So sorry about your losses.. :mad:
edit..what city are you living in now dave?

Contact John_lawson, im sure he can help you.. He was in a simillar experience not long ago. Throught he can"t do much about your stolen rocks/lasers.

Dave, Cross your finger that they actually get laserblinded :D, Im": sure it will happen.

Sorry to hear that Dave... My shop got broken into over the Xmas holidays..
I know what what kind of nightmare this can be...
Hope they find the F#@&8^%$3... :mad:

Jerry

my problem was and is marrital -counseling weekly -
as for the lasers and all i have ,central ca and all my laser friends
will be looking out for your items dave anything else I can do ,just let me know

JLSE

I cruze ebay often and will keep an eye for anything listed... If you have any pics of some of the jewlery listed, posting a few pics may give us something to go on...

I hope all or at least some is returned to you. Its a $hitty thing when you cant trust the locals.. :mad:

daguin

I am in La Puente now

I do not intend to drag this into the abyss of emotional drama, but some of you know me well enough for a short explanation --

I caught her with an old boyfriend (making plans to meet for the weekend) for the second time in two years.  I worked through it with her the last time.  Fool me once . . . . . .

Peace,
dave

Dang Man.... that really sucks. i really hope things turn out better for you. To be honest with you Ive been there myself... Losing your home & lots of things you care about. Over the past 5 years its happened to me 3 times. It really can be hard to deal with sometimes. The first time... it really was my fault. nobody to blame but myself... The second time i was paying rent to a lady who wasnt paying the mortgage.. the bank didn't care for what i had to say. I was under the impression that they thought it was funny... The third time.. i was robbed. I lost nearly everything. My computers, cameras.. My f****n flashlight collection!!. The thing i was most upset about was they took my family pictures... Black and Whites that were @ least 80 years old. Not replaceable. it still makes me sad to think about it. I also had my SS# & birth certificate come up "missing". Since then i have been reported as deceased. Its a huge mess that seems like it will never end, I still don't have my SS# situation fixed (running on year 5 now) Those people are a &^%$&* joke, don't let them give you the run around. I do hope you can recover your things. I know how it feels. We can just hope that maybe one of the intruders will want to know how bright one of your lasers is and blinds himself LoL. I do think its important to remember that as bad as it is... the things that are gone are just material objects & can be replaced no matter how upsetting it can be. I think that's just about one of the only thoughts Ive had that made me not go nuts. Hopefully things turn around for ya soon. I wish you the best of luck.

At least your still here.  [smiley=happy.gif]

Hope for the best to you dave :-/
Your even closer to me now, I go there every so often to buy some parts for my rc heli ;D

daguin

Sawt al Hurriyah said:
Holy crap! I am so sorry to hear about that Dave!
cry.gif
I remember how mad I was when TommyGreen stole my leadlight 15mW, I can't imagine losing an RPL and more.
sad.gif
Hopefully they can recover some of for you.
sad.gif
Scariest thing is that[highlight] those gun are now in the hands of criminals and thieves[/highlight].
smack.gif

That is what weighs the heaviest on my heart. Based on what was taken and what was left, they are fairly "young and dumb." Put that together with firearms and you have trouble for someone.

Peace,
dave

ideas

OMG.. I feel terrible for you.. espec for those fire arms :eek:
hope you immediatly registered them as stolen so they cant be linked to you in a possible crime event.