Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Three lasers from dealextreme

zeppo

$28.80 - 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pen (2*AAA) - Green Lasers

$27.09 - High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) - Red Lasers

$29.68 - Focusable 200mW 405nm Burns Match + Money Detector Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*CR2) - Blue Lasers

Just received these from dealextreme, shipping took 4 weeks and it had a tracking number. The quality of all three lasers is quite good, considering the price.

Review of green: the description warned that these may be of inferior quality, being the cheapest in the "200 mW" range they sell. It is supposed to have no IR filter. From comparing with my older 35 mW WL green I'd say this one outputs 50 to 100 mW of green, which is very good value for money. However, it only does this with fresh batteries, going down to 5-30 mW after about 5 mins of zapping around. Beam diameter at aperture is about 1 mm.

My favourite of the three is the red (660nm): I've not had a focusable head before, it's good! This laser can burn at distance, lights matches at a couple of metres etc. Also you can defocus it to start with so the dot is less dangerous to look at. It is perfectly circular, diameter at aperture is about 4 mm, and you can move the focal point anywhere between about 2 cm to "infinity". The CR2 batteries seem to produce a very stable output.

The 405 is of the same design as the red, but disappoints visually. It can also burn (a bit less than the red). The "dot" is actually a rectangle, with a beam hardly visible even with smoke/fog. That is not the lasers's fault, just the wavelength being at the end of the visible spectrum. Considering the danger I wouldn't recommend getting one (or any 405).

:eek:

Thanks! the information on the 200mw 532 green was really helpful. Since i bought this laser its good to know what ill be getting :)

The

$27.09 - High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) - Red Lasers

and the

$29.68 - Focusable 200mW 405nm Burns Match + Money Detector Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*CR2) - Blue Lasers

are both of a low build qualitly.

The focus is loose and therefore unstable.

The clicky switch is cheap and tends to get stuck after a short period of usage, leaving you with a laser always on ( or off).

I wouldn't recommend these two despite the cheap price.

zeppo

The switch on mine is still ok after a couple of days. Got rid of the strap attached to the end as it was getting in the way. I prefer a momentary switch on the side anyway. The focusing optics could be a bit tighter but it works OK.

Looks like the quality varies a bit with these...

i gots the red dila too! ^^
if you find the focus loose, put some Teflon tape and its good as new!
do you have any dot shots?
because mine has a kajillion speckles surrounding the main dot
maybe its because the focus came loose in my pocket and the lens popped out....
(i fixed it after but there might be dust ect in it now)