Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

thread ratings

just a thought, thread ratings? 1 - 5 stars, users can rate the threads. either that or thumbs up and thumbs down?

Ace82

Well there is already a kinda simple one that automatically puts a little yellow or red flag depending on the number of replies, but do you mean a rating that we could vote for personally, and maybe even have the option of sorting them my rating? That would be cool, but sounds like allot of work. :-/

maybe if a low rating let the thread die into the last pages of the section.
high rating threads would never need to get bumped...

well 2 of the other I go on have thread ratings, they are windows mobile forums.
www.modaco.com
and
www.xda-developers.com

xda developers uses VBulletin. I'm not sure what modaco uses, but they both have a thread rating system.

each user can rate on it if they want, and it will show next to it how many stars.

I think that is a very good idea to have the option to arrange by ratings, keeping the best topics at the top. of coarse, this can be an option, just like selecting "date, name, and views" as an order.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i don't think a feature like this is available in the modifications for yabb 2.1, but i will check.

it doesn't look like this feature is planned for v2.3 of yabb either. i agree this could be a helpful feature and will check on boardmod for this feature

c0ldshadow said:
i don't think a feature like this is available in the modifications for yabb 2.1, but i will check.

it doesn't look like this feature is planned for v2.3 of yabb either. i agree this could be a helpful feature and will check on boardmod for this feature
thanks c0ld! keep us posted!