Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

THR... the LPF knockoff...

Same Software... Same look...:whistle:

Jerry

The LPF site is a software??? I though that it was just a customized webpage. You know... designed by Coldshadow. Does this mean that anybody can just walk to a specific store and buy a CD that gives a webpage this format? Confusing!

-Jakob

Look at the bottom of a Forum's page and you will see what software runs it..
Right now the new LPF is run (powered) by "vBulletin"...:cool:

Jerry

The LPF site is a software??? I though that it was just a customized webpage. You know... designed by Coldshadow. Does this mean that anybody can just walk to a specific store and buy a CD that gives a webpage this format? Confusing!

-Jakob

The daunting task is attracting a crowd to your site. There are plenty of fora out there with less than 10 registered members.

Look at the bottom of a Forum's page and you will see what software runs it..
Right now the new LPF is run (powered) by "vBulletin"...:cool:

Jerry

Yuh jus' went an' done gone showed me da' light. Know Ah knows. Thanks

The daunting task is attracting a crowd to your site. There are plenty of fora out there with less than 10 registered members.

Well I guess "vBulletin" is one of the successful ones then...

-Jakob

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey pianoman2011 welcome to new site

vbulletin has a great new search feature and tons of other great features too

i tried fixing ur rep

hey pianoman2011 welcome to new site

vbulletin has a great new search feature and tons of other great features too

i tried fixing ur rep

Yeah, I like the new format of this site. The search function is so much better than the last one. I also like the color/bold/italics and all of the other options on the text box. A lot easier than typing "[function]what you wanna say[/function]". And thanks for the 3 points! I'm on my way again! For awhile there, I thought I was never even gonna' start to get my original 9 points back :D.

Yeah, the forum software is apparently installed on host somehow, I have tried getting one set up, but I always get weird installs errors so ended up giving up. Just getting the damn software installed is a real difficult task. :(

What can ya' say, Coldshadow's an intelligent guy. I don't even have the first idea about making a website :D.

-Jakob

lol Yeah thats the only explanation.:D When I decided I wanted to make my own website it was quite a struggle. I had no knowledge in the area so I just went to GoDaddy.com bought a domain and hosting and tried it out. Took me weeks just to figure out how to use the domain with the hosting that I had. :( Had no idea how to make the site so I use Adobe Dreamweaver to write the code for me. Wanted to add a forum but that proved to be just beyond what the normal man can do. LOL :cryyy:

Wow! That's quite an experience there. Is your website still up? And yes, no normal man could do that... the only thing I can think of is that Cold is an avatar (the hindu mythology kind, not computer image).

-Jakob

Big forums, BIGGER ONES end switching to a fully customised PHPBB system.
It always happens...