Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

THOSE LITTLE %#$@!!!

FokoF

So there I am driving down the road, on my way to a party.... I see some kids walking on the side of the road and guess what.. one has a green handheld.... most probably 5mw, underpowered and over priced... but anyway love seeing a night green beam at night until the little bugger decides to shine it in my rear view mirror :mad: they can run, but they can't hide!!!! now where's a nice 1 Watt module when you need it!!!! rant rant rant!!!!!

Immature 10 year olds yet again...

I feel your anger though, when I was on holiday in Tenerife I was hapily sitting outside having a beer at the hotel and some little kid outside the hotel grounds decided to pick me as a target for their 10mW red pointer and got me right in the eye.

I would say they were extremly lucky I was in another country and I didnt have my own green pointer with me or I would have given them a black eye or found out how they like 75mW of green at their eyes.

Things like this will get lasers banned and they dont understand that, the governments solution is to ban things which does not work. Im in favor of a license, even if it does mean I have to pay £50 odd to keep up my hobby.

lamborgini8 said:
Immature 10 year olds yet again...

I feel your anger though, when I was on holiday in Tenerife I was hapily sitting outside having a beer at the hotel and some little kid outside the hotel grounds decided to pick me as a target for their 10mW red pointer and got me right in the eye.

I would say they were extremly lucky I was in another country and I didnt have my own green pointer with me or I would have given them a black eye or found out how they like 75mW of green at their eyes.

Things like this will get lasers banned and [highlight]they dont understand that,[/highlight] the governments solution is to ban things which does not work. Im in favor of a license, even if it does mean I have to pay £50 odd to keep up my hobby.

More probably, they just don't care.

Feuer 594 said:
[quote author=lamborgini8 link=1223459899/0#1 date=1223461145]Immature 10 year olds yet again...

Things like this will get lasers banned and [highlight]they dont understand that,[/highlight] the governments solution is to ban things which does not work. Im in favor of a license,  even if it does mean I have to pay £50 odd to keep up my hobby.

More probably, they just don't care.[/quote]

True.

People don't understand the power of lasers, its the little kids that have bought 1mW red keychain pointers and looked into the beam then they automatically assume its safe to do so with all lasers.

When you first bought a 1mW keychain, did you read the warning & output sticker?

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=Feuer 594 link=1223459899/0#2 date=1223472844][quote author=lamborgini8 link=1223459899/0#1 date=1223461145]Immature 10 year olds yet again...

Things like this will get lasers banned and [highlight]they dont understand that,[/highlight] the governments solution is to ban things which does not work. Im in favor of a license, even if it does mean I have to pay £50 odd to keep up my hobby.

True.

People don't understand the power of lasers, its the little kids that have bought 1mW red keychain pointers and looked into the beam then they automatically assume its safe to do so with all lasers.

When you first bought a 1mW keychain, did you read the warning & output sticker?[/quote]

Actually, yeah. I've always thought they were cool because they made my lasers look more techy. I actually still have the stickers off of my ancient CNI's, who have serial numbers with just four digits!

Feuer 594 said:
[quote author=lamborgini8 link=1223459899/0#3 date=1223473774][quote author=Feuer 594 link=1223459899/0#2 date=1223472844][quote author=lamborgini8 link=1223459899/0#1 date=1223461145]Immature 10 year olds yet again...

Things like this will get lasers banned and [highlight]they dont understand that,[/highlight] the governments solution is to ban things which does not work. Im in favor of a license,  even if it does mean I have to pay £50 odd to keep up my hobby.

True.

When you first bought a 1mW keychain, did you read the warning & output sticker?[/quote]

Actually, yeah.  I've always thought they were cool because they made my lasers look more techy.  I actually still have the stickers off of my ancient CNI's, who have serial numbers with just four digits![/quote]

Ok I will rephrasse my question.

When you got a 1mW keychain pointer, if you read the warning sticker what did 1mW mean to you? Most likely nothing because you didnt know about higher powers.

Even when I am showing off lasers to people now they have trouble understanding the differentes between a 1mW and a 100mW, even if I say 100mW is a lot more powerful they cant tell how much more powerful.

Ace82

See, that's why you need to be armed with a laser pointer at all times! [smiley=evil.gif]

Imagine how they would feel if you blasted them back with 15X the power... [smiley=evil.gif]

Ace82 said:
See, that's why you need to be armed with a laser pointer at all times!  [smiley=evil.gif]

Imagine how they would feel if you blasted them back with 15X the power... [smiley=evil.gif]

yea it would be funny, but you'd better pack it up and get out of there very soon after because his measly 10mw will do very little damage that you could prove, but if you reach out and touch him with a 75 - 100 - 150mw laser and got him in the eyes he could say you damaged his vision and maybe even sue you. vengence is fun, but sometimes it looks like you're the fool.

instead of doing something that might assist in imposing an area wide ban, just go to his parents (if you could find him) and tell them you're an off duty officer and when you saw that red dot you reacted by pulling out your gun and almost shot the kid (he would never see another laser till he's 18)  ;)

oh just watch out they might be the off duty officer then you have a felony police officer impersonation charge :'( :'( 16 2&3 thats 16 months 2 years and three years

I haven't had this problem yet, as i haven't even ran into another person with a high powered laser.
though i know if it does happen, and assuming i can catch the little kid, i'm simply going to take his laser away and keep it for myself.
i'll even stick around and wait for the police to show up. i'm an EMT here so i know all the police officers pretty well here (they like to hide out in our station instead of work), so i know i would come out on top and the damn kids would go home without a laser :)

yea ca police tend to beat the shit out of you then ask why were you j walking :-?

Razako

To be honest I've never actually seen anyone with a high powered laser other than my brother/friends who I've sold them to.

Ace82

Coherent said:
To be honest I've never actually seen anyone with a high powered laser other than my brother/friends who I've sold them to.

I've never seen anybody with a green laser period other then fellow enthusiast and myself. But those cat toys are still around.

I've uh helped out a few co-workers and now at night when you drive from either of the four plants down the main road all you see is a lightshow of 50 mw greenies i think i helped about 50 people obtain thier greenie
but at home no I've never seen another green laser around

Switch

Ace82 said:
[quote author=Coherent link=1223459899/0#11 date=1223481702]To be honest I've never actually seen anyone with a high powered laser other than my brother/friends who I've sold them to.

I've never seen anybody with a green laser period other then fellow enthusiast and myself.  But those cat toys are still around. [/quote]
I haven't seen anybody with anything more than a cat toy, excluding myself, and people behind the scanner in clubs ;D

ACE I FUCKING HATE YOU WHY ARE YOU BEING A DICK TO ME IN MY TOPIC I DID NOTING WRONG TO YOU COCK SUCKER