Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This laser makes me drool.

Lol, well this would be a nicea addition to any collection, to bad its so damn expensive, but what do you expect from that kind of dye laser, i wonder what the color is? Mabye deep green That would be nice :'( :eek: [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] :D

hmmm... it does not look so bad... I bet you could get away with it with a pretty low offer... looks like it will include everything basically...

seems pretty good seeing as it includes all the necessary components and it looks to be in great condition.

I dont know why the seller did not post pictures of it working ect... all the stuff we love to see.

It's not a deep green, it's more of a bluish green. .6J at 10Hz is 6W average power  :eek: An excellent buy assuming it worked.

According to wikipedia, rhodamine 6G only lases between 570 and 640nm. It's more likely coumarin 102 which can lase between 460 and 515nm

If I had any real time on my hands to play with it, I'd buy it. The price is right for a working dye laser.

I had a few of these a while back. Yeah they are pretty wicked, but need some pretty quick caps to fire 'em though. Somerthing like 6uf at 15KV if i remember right. You need to dump your caps into the lamp in less than 12uS as thermal gradients and triplet saturation will kill lasing after this. The power supply charging unit runs off of 208V single phase at a few amps. The charged caps are absolutely deadly, and would actually cause water in your fingers to explode if touched.

The original spec was 600mJ max at 4nS at either 585 (kidney stones) or 504nm (gallstones).  You can easily get air breakdown with this laser at full power. It uses rhodamine 6G for urology lasers or Coumarin for gastroenterology lasers, If i remember right they had dual wavelength optics so all you had to do was swap the dyes out for different uses

This unit  was removed from a Candela's laser-triptor gastroenterology laser lithotritptor.

Day said:
Lol, well this would be a nicea addition to any collection, to bad its so damn  expensive, but what do you expect from that kind of dye laser, i wonder what the color is? Mabye deep green That would be nice  :'( :eek: [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]  :D

Like Frothy said.. As long as it works, it's a hell of a deal.. probably cost many thousands brand new.

It seems to be missing a dye pump and also a power supply for the flashlamp. But it's a great deal still if the optics are in good shape and the rest of it still works. I got to align the optics in an argon-pumped CW dye laser last week at school. It's really a fun laser to play with.