Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

this is funny...

$50 for a blu-ray diode that can go to 150mW is actually a pretty decent deal. Assuming it's an PHR-803T, then it's not all that bad. Of course you can get cheaper from GB sleds, but from a store $50 is about the going price, so not bad at all.

Though, they are lying. It's violet, not blue :mad:

its pretty reasonable because a lot of people out there dont know about LPF and will buy from whatever site they find.

they think blu ray and instantly expect it to cost a bit of money

Murudai said:
$50 for a blu-ray diode that can go to 150mW is actually a pretty decent deal. Assuming it's an PHR-803T, then it's not all that bad. Of course you can get cheaper from GB sleds, but from a store $50 is about the going price, so not bad at all.

Though, they are lying. It's violet, not blue :mad:
ill have some for 18$ each soon. i guess thats y i think its funny. :-X

yeah there are far better deals i have bought some for 17 shipped some for 30 and some for 27 and some for 22.

it really all depends on the time and right now there are a lot of good deals!

Ace82

Blue Lasers are the newest type of lasers available on the market. [highlight]The spectacular blue color far out shines any green or red lasers on the market.[/highlight] The short wavelength makes the beam visible in mid air in dark conditions, it also causes the laser to act like a black light making many substances glow. [highlight]Because of their rarity and spectacular nature blue lasers are extremely expensive. They go for as much as $2000 online, even the cheapest go for $750. We believe that this is an absurd price to pay. We offer the advice and parts required to build your own vibrant blue laser pointers for under $70.[/highlight] We have compiled many of the guides and knowledge spread across the web to assist you in your project.

Apples and Oranges, blue, violet, 405nm diode, 473nm DPSS... That is dirrect false advertising. :eek:

Coming Soon
-In depth descriptions of laser driver construction (I thought this diode was perfect for Kipkay's hack!) ;D

-A greater selection of laser supplies (like actual blue lasers? ::))

-Forum for members to share their latest pieces of work (already exist ;D)

-Much More (Much more BS!) ;D

Wow, thanks Ndrew for the laugh!

Ace82 said:
Apples and Oranges, blue, violet, 405nm diode, 473nm DPSS... That is dirrect false advertising. :eek:

Coming Soon
-In depth descriptions of laser driver construction (I thought this diode was perfect for Kipkay's hack!) ;D

-A greater selection of laser supplies (like actual blue lasers? ::))

-Forum for members to share their latest pieces of work (already exist ;D)

-Much More (Much more BS!) ;D

Wow, thanks Ndrew for the laugh!
my sentiments exactly.... ;D