Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thinking of buying this ebay laser show

I've been wondering about those too. Some of those laser shows are much cheaper than going and buying the galvos and setting it up yourself.

I'm thinking of buying a cheap one and replacing the module with a much more powerful one, as my first laser projector :) Though, for my RGB projector I want to make I'll have to DIY that. A 3 colour projector would be very expensive, better to make it yourself. But single colour it seems it's better to just buy a premade one :)

Ace82

Well, including shipping, it's just over $300 for the 4 lasers, cooling equipment, mirrors, optics, motors etc. I would definatly buy it for a DIY project of mine...

not my style i would much rather go with some better scanners and build my own. may cost a little more but i really do believe you would enjoy it more

Well, just to get a feel for projectors a premade one would be good. You can see how it all fits together, how they work, and get ideas for how to put together your own :)

I mean, seeing how the professionals put them together can only help when you want to put your own together :)

holy crap, that's an incredible deal :eek:

But I'd rather make my own RGB scanner :) Plus, only a 30mW blue in that. I want a 80mW blue minimum :)

30 mw of blue seems a little low. i sorta have a feeling those pictures were not produced from that projector