Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

thinking about purchasing

Im not really looking to burn, i would like to have 50-70mW and want it in a torch form factor because I just want something that is a little more robust than a pen ya know?

Ok well this is 50mw
If you want to spend the little extra money that is a great robust laser. But the difference between 30mw and 50mw is small.

So after some contact with the seller I decided to go with the one on ebay. they are labeled <50Mw so I figured even if it is crap at least I have a decent host to drop a better module into.

After placing my order I got a message from the seller saying that my item had shipped and provided the tracking number. They also explained that they had tested the unit before they sent it out and it registered at 80mW. Finally they explained that they removed the label to avoid complications with customs because it reads <50mW and they are aware of the <5mW limit.

Thoughts?

Forgive me for coming across as an ass here but where is the we? One member gave me a link, no thoughts, no opinions just a couple links. If you look at my most recent post I was asking for thoughts on what the seller had sent to me.

The fact that no one else posted in this thread shows people agree. We are quick to jump all over people talking out their arss. We dont all have to time to post 20 posts agreeing with him.

And his recommendation alone was his opinion on your choice. He gave you link to help you make the best decision, and offered you a direct referral to the laser you should buy. If you're not smart enough to take the help that is given, then you getz, what you getz.

The fact that no one else posted in this thread shows people agree. We are quick to jump all over people talking out their arss. We dont all have to time to post 20 posts agreeing with him.

And his recommendation alone was his opinion on your choice. He gave you link to help you make the best decision, and offered you a direct referral to the laser you should buy. If you're not smart enough to take the help that is given, then you getz, what you getz.

Thanks for the support :D. When the laser you receive sucks/breaks be sure to check out Lazerer it is a great place to get good quality on spec (and over spec) lasers. Also the seller probably removed the label because as you can see in the pictures it is the wrong label if that is the same laser he sent the label as you can see is for a red laser and that is a green laser he may have noticed that and removed it.

Last edited:
It came today and it is a decent laser, however the divergence is not what I would like it to be. I consider it a lesson learned and will look to better quality products in the future.

Thanks

If you can get the head off, sometimes you can tweak the top lens and get a little better divergence.

Thanks TJ, Yeah I can actually completely disassemble the thing (not the module obviously) I did adjust the focusing lens but its still between the size of a baseball and softball at about 50 feet to infinity.

better than it was

do you guys know of any good 30-50 mw green laser torches that rant focusable (fixed)?

thank you, dw

Hey TJ, do you think a different collimating lens would make any difference in divergence? I have one from one of the 405nm pens that I took apart for "science" and if it would improve it I'm all for it.