Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thinking about buying this violet laser from Lazerer...

Hey everyone. I recently returned my E3 Green Laser from Wicked Lasers which was awfully underspec. I am still awaiting my refund, which should be happening shortly.

During the waiting time, I've been looking into some new lasers and I stumbled across Lazerer. Their incredible prices immediately shocked me because of how overpriced Wicked Lasers is.

This is what I am interested in: Devil RIFLE - 405nm 400mW Violet Burning Laser Pointer

Does anyone have a review on this laser? I'm very interested in this laser, and I am wondering if it is good quality, laser life, etc.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Lazerer is a very safe place to buy from, many of us have had excellent experiences with them. As for if there is a review or not on that particular one... try using the search function!

Keep in mind many members here can build a >500mW 405nm custom style handheld for <$200. In fact, it is as simple as a DTR "All-In-One" Module + your choice of "Aixiz-ready" host. His modules are only ~$135. IIRC DTR modules hit 700mW+. While custom is slightly costlier than the Rifle, the rifle has a strict 60sec duty cycle because it is a relatively small host. You can pick a host with a massive heatsink to give you much longer ON times. That is the beauty of custom DIY - you don't have to settle for chinese cost-cutting.

Lazerer is a very safe place to buy from, many of us have had excellent experiences with them. As for if there is a review or not on that particular one... try using the search function!

Keep in mind many members here can build a >500mW 405nm custom style handheld for <$200. In fact, it is as simple as a DTR "All-In-One" Module + your choice of "Aixiz-ready" host. His modules are only ~$135. IIRC DTR modules hit 700mW+. While custom is slightly costlier than the Rifle, the rifle has a strict 60sec duty cycle because it is a relatively small host. You can pick a host with a massive heatsink to give you much longer ON times. That is the beauty of custom DIY - you don't have to settle for chinese cost-cutting.

Thanks a lot. I'd be willing to pay an extra $30-$40 for guaranteed quality. I really enjoy the host of the laser I posted to begin with. Can any members here build a laser with that host? I think it's incredibly sexy looking :p.

I have a question on Duty cycle now.. does the 60 second on and 60 second off mean that I *must* keep it on for 60 seconds and then turn it off for 60 seconds?

Thanks in advance.

Lol, no, you don't need to keep the laser on for 60 seconds:p 60 seconds on is the maximum recommended ON time. You also don't need to wait 60 seconds after every time you turn it on.

If you get the host, there are people who can work with it... talk to Lazeerer.

You also don't need to wait 60 seconds after every time you turn it on..

While you are right, someone who doesn't understand Duty Cycle might get the wrong impression from this.

The 60 on/off means that:
1) you can have it on for 60seconds, but not longer
1a) if you have it on for 60sec, you must keep it off for 60sec immediately after
2) if you have it on for less than 60sec turn it off for approximately how long you had it on. Example: if you had it on 28seconds, allow it to cool for 28seconds.
2a) longer OFF times are generally better, but there is no limit on how long you can have it off for.

Most of these chinese lasers do not have heatsinked drivers, and that can be a real issue. Sure the LD will stay cool with the host wicking away the heat, but the drivers are just hanging there supported by LD pins in a sealed pocket of air.

While you are right, someone who doesn't understand Duty Cycle might get the wrong impression from this.

The 60 on/off means that:
1) you can have it on for 60seconds, but not longer
1a) if you have it on for 60sec, you must keep it off for 60sec immediately after
2) if you have it on for less than 60sec turn it off for approximately how long you had it on. Example: if you had it on 28seconds, allow it to cool for 28seconds.
2a) longer OFF times are generally better, but there is no limit on how long you can have it off for.

Most of these chinese lasers do not have heatsinked drivers, and that can be a real issue. Sure the LD will stay cool with the host wicking away the heat, but the drivers are just hanging there supported by LD pins in a sealed pocket of air.

Ok great, thank you for the clarification.

Is the beam visible with this laser at night?

I can't say, I haven't had a 405 over 20mW. I'm building a ~700mW one but haven't fired it up as I'm still waiting for the host.

Perceived brightness/visibility vary from person to person. Especially towards the upper and lower limits of the visible spectrum.

Other conditions will also play a huge role in whether you can see a beam, see it well, or not at all. For example ambient lighting, air particulates, and the angle from which you're attempting to view the beam.

Actual beam characteristics will play a role as well, specifically beam diameter and divergence.

So to me, the beam of a 300mW 405nm laser is barely visible, 500mW it's visible, 700mW+ it's very visible at night. About the same as ~30mW of green.

The laser will burn very well. Just remember you do need goggles for indoor use... it will not appear very bright, but it will be quite dangerous.

(PM replied to with the same text as above:))

Last edited:
I ordered the same laser over a week ago and the order details still say processing. I have attempted to contact the site owner and I haven't received anything in return. I'm not saying you shouldn't place an order but you may want to see if you can even contact anyone at the site to make sure your order will be processed in a timely fashion. I will update if I receive a response from lazerer.com.

Last edited: