Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The "Sig's Goin' Broke" Sale Thread! 632nm HeNe Head & HV Glow Tubes!

Hey Everyone!
Medical bills are piling up and I may be facing bankruptcy in the near future. As a result it's that time again... time to sell some wares!

I have both lasers and non-laser stuff available. As always, I'm primarily focused on sales withthin the US, but depending on item (shipping cost, fragility, etc) I'll entertain requests to ship and sell internationally. If you want something and you're outside the US, just ask! Shipping will be via USPS, with tracking. Expensive (>$50) items will require registered mail unless the buyer is a Vet of good standing and active on the forums. Buyer assumes all responsibility for lawful use of these items and the seller (me) will not be held responsible for the actions of the buyer.

ALL PRICES IN USD. PAYMENT METHOD IS PAYPAL - GIFT FOR ALL NON LPF-VETS. VETS MAY PAY VIA PAYPAL INVOICE/PAYMENT *or other method upon approval*.

A 594.1NM HENE WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT IN FULL FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE ITEMS LISTED. TO HELL WITH THE MEDICAL BILLS IF ONE IS OFFERED =P.

Electrodeless Discharge Tubes for use with High Frequency AC Power Sources:

Here I have some hard to find one of a kind items available from my own personal collection. These tubes require a radio-frequency AC power source at moderately high voltage and power to operate. Good examples of suitable power supplies are Tesla Coils, AC Flyback Transformers, and RF Power amplifiers such as those used for Ham Radio or CB (with impedance matched induction coils). These will not work on modern common DC Flyback transformers or Neon Sign Transformers. My good friend Fiddy will soon have AC flyback transformers available for sale at quite the steal of a deal. I high recommend his products.

Care must be taken to ensure proper handling and use of these tubes. The end seals where the glass was worked are fragile. In addition, these tubes should never be brought into direct contact with the power supply, as overvoltage can literally punch a hole through the glass, destroying the vacuum inside.

Tube 3) Rarified Air - 65Torr. This is a 1"dia Pyrex tube of 16 inches in length that I myself manufactured. It ignites well on higher power sources, and lights the full length of the tube above 300W. Lower power sources will require assisted ignition. This tube ignites with a rich violet color.
Price: $50 + Shipping ($17-25)
I personally give this tube a lifetime guarantee* against manufacturing defects. If the tube loses its vacuum and there is no evidence of misuse or improper handling I will either manufacture you a replacement free of charge or refund the purchase price. Buyer pays shipping of replacement** tube. *Misuse and proper handling includes; overvoltage, overheating, thermal stress damage, visible cracking, breakage, attempted or successful modifications and alterations, or any abnormal signs of wear and tear for delicate glassware. **Replacement tube not guaranteed to match original in dimensions, color, gas pressure, gas mix, or visual appearance, but will be as close to the original tube as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf0Ye_3QpX8

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melles Griot 632.8nm <1mW HeNe Head - repaired surplus. Starts up easy on a 1.25kV/4.5mA supply (NOT INCLUDED!), relatively low hours for a surplus resale item. I repaired the ballast resistor and power leads as the original seller had cut them flush to the tube. Head has LOTs of dings, scratches, dents, and marks, but operates flawlessly. Rear cap is removable for access to the Anode end. Includes head mounts.
Price: $15 + $5 shipping.
EWNghp0.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---SOLD ITEMS---

200mW 658nm Red Waterproof 1x 18650 Handheld Laser. Unlimited Duty Cycle, low hours (<40).

30mW IR Filtered 532nm 1x 16340 Green Palm sized Momenary-ON Pointer.

15W CO2 Laser Tube + 120/240V PSU + 100mmFL ZnSe Focusing Lens

Tube 1) Xenon + O2/N2 Trace in a Ball Flask. This was made by the Russian coiler "ZRG" a few years ago. It is engraved with his website address and dragon logo. This tube ignites with a greenish-white to pure white filamentary discharge (dependant upon power and current density).

Tube 2) Rarified Air - 55Torr. This is a 1"dia Pyrex tube of 29 inches in length that I myself manufactured. It ignites easily and lights nearly the full length of the tube. This tube ignites with a rich violet to violet-pink color (dependant upon power and current density and length of tube energized).

Fat Shark Teleporter V3 - First Person View (FPV) wireless HD Video Tx/Rx Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

rhd

Re: The "Sig's Goin' Broke" Sale Thread! NEW FPV Kit, CO2 Laser Kit, Tubes + MORE!

Man that CO2 is cool. Someone in the US is going to get a real neat deal there.

3Pig

Re: The "Sig's Goin' Broke" Sale Thread! NEW FPV Kit, CO2 Laser Kit, Tubes + MORE!

Well damn, look at that price for those fatsharks. What a deal! I've only ever seen them for $400+

Jstr

If I can muster the $, I'll take that co2 laser off ur hands :)

Just a couple questions. Would paying the 15 bucks extra give the tube enough power to run at the full 15 watts? Roughly what is the total usage time?

And why do you ask that non vets pay via Paypal gift? I don't really mind because I have never had a problem here before after about 20 purchases, but it seems counter intuitive.

Edit: I'd like to buy the 200 mw red, too.

Last edited:

jdawg

Pm sent :)

Man that CO2 is cool. Someone in the US is going to get a real neat deal there.

Thanks! Ya, she's a real beauty. Small enough to endure short <1min runs closed loop with no water flow (but full of water), but powerful enough to do interesting things with. I've engraved glass with her.

Well damn, look at that price for those fatsharks. What a deal! I've only ever seen them for $400+

Yep these aren't cheap! Hard to find in stock too. I hope someone here takes advantage of them because I really hate dealing with eBay.

If I can muster the $, I'll take that co2 laser off ur hands :)

Just a couple questions. Would paying the 15 bucks extra give the tube enough power to run at the full 15 watts? Roughly what is the total usage time?

And why do you ask that non vets pay via Paypal gift? I don't really mind because I have never had a problem here before after about 20 purchases, but it seems counter intuitive.

Edit: I'd like to buy the 200 mw red, too.

I've gotten bitten in the past by buyers who do paypal disputes after they have received the item and then later damaged it (once for several hundred dollars!). If I weren't a long standing well-regarded vet I wouldn't ask customers to take such steps, as I totally understand things from a buyer's perspective. The sad alternative is to sell ONLY to vets, and that is no fun for anyone. There's a handful of threads up now of people who have gotten scammed and bitten. It happens, sadly. The only protection is gift payments, and even that isn't guaranteed. Bitcoin is great for guaranteed irreversibility, but basically untrackable, and then there is the exchange fee issues and the fact that it turns many people away. I don't actually use Bitcoin, but I am familiar with cryptocurrencies (mostly from Doge and AuroraCoin - now both basically defunct).

The two handhelds are SOLD (658 & 532).

The rest is still totally open.

Last edited:

I'm interested in the Xenon tube for sure. Is that a Van de Graaff generator you're using?

I'm interested in the Xenon tube for sure. Is that a Van de Graaff generator you're using?

Awesome. It's a really great tube. These were still rather difficult to source a few years back when we had a single domestic glassworker who would take specialty commissioned orders for them (I did exactly that and it was $$$), but since mid last year there's almost no one doing this work, which is why I started to make my own tubes.

Send PM whenever you're ready to pull the trigger.

It's running on my small Solid State Tesla Coil (SSTC). Van De Graff generators are sources of DC electricity and won't light up electrodeless tubes (and they tend to explode electrode tubes). If you're in need of a suitable power source Fiddy has some specialty modern AC flyback transformers he's selling, and he might be offering a driver board for them soon. Additionally; the inexpensive SSTCs from EasternVoltageResearch.com will work wonderfully and I believe they sell flyback drivers too.

CO2 Tube Sold.
Handhelds Shipped.
Xenon Tube Sold.

Xenon tube and CO2 laser will ship out Monday morning. USPS couldn't process payments today.

Last edited:
Re: The "Sig's Goin' Broke" Sale Thread! NEW FPV Kit, HV Glow Tubes + MORE!

Xenon tube shipped.
CO2 laser shipped.

Rarified Gas tubes still available.
Sale pending on FPV kit.
Red HeNe still available. I may remove it from the casing so it is an exposed tube if no one bites.

I'm beginning production on another round of Rarified Gas tubes, now able to get even lower pressure for better effects. Stay tuned for updates.

Oh, and BUMP, hehe.

Edit; I added a video for the smaller tube as well.

Last edited:
Re: The "Sig's Goin' Broke" Sale Thread! NEW FPV Kit, HV Glow Tubes + MORE!

BUMP

Edited OP to reduce bandwidth use and aid readability.

FPV Kit SOLD. Will ship on Monday/Tuesday. Thanks!
Handhelds, Xe tube, Tube 2, and CO2 laser all delivered and confirmed by buyers.

Made a REALLY sweet small discharge tube. Will shoot video for it and add it to the listing shortly.

Going to edit the thread title if it lets me to reflect future sales.