Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The only good ebay green laser?

I have a strange obsession with ebay lasers, and i just bought what i belive is the best ebay laser, the thor m2 with glass lens. I have seen some videos in which people appear to have very powerfull green chinese lasers, and i wonder if this is one. I know most chinese green lasers don't go much above 50mw, but this one is in the host used by a lot of ebay 1 watt lasers. it also uses two 16340s for power. it also costs a lot more than most green ebay lasers. I think i recall hearing that a green laser with the same design was actually well made(maybe i am wrong). It claims 1 watt, but i know this cannot be true. What do you think? Military 532nm Green Laser Pointer Pen 1W Power Beam Light Burn Cigarette Match | eBay

Razako

No way in hell is that thing even close to one watt. Probably 100-200mw at MAX. I feel bad for the 60+ people who bought that thing.

I have no idea, i don't have it. I was curios if anyone knows the true power of this laser. Maybe someone here has one.

SyKo

Like said above, you most likely got something around 100-200mW, anything above that would cost alot more, it looks like theyve just started pressing DPSS modules into those hosts.

Also if if was aiming for 1w (500mW+) that host would get pretty damn hot.

Yeah... Doubt you'll be seeing a watt of green for anything like that price even from China. Just not really possible

Lol VV, that gave me a good laugh :crackup: +rep

Yeah... Doubt you'll be seeing a watt of green for anything like that price even from China. Just not really possible

Lol, we all know it's true, thanks for the rep

Thinking on it tho
303/301 eBay lasers are the exception, the 532 is how I found my way here, be willing to bet the house lots of others did too. May need a 303 got me here poll

Last edited:

Especially 532nm lol yeah VV made me laugh a little with that one too.

Lol, we all know it's true, thanks for the rep

Thinking on it tho
303/301 eBay lasers are the exception, the 532 is how I found my way here, be willing to bet the house lots of others did too. May need a 303 got me here poll

I love that idea! laser 301s and ebay pen laser brought me here. You should definitely make a poll on that.

I have had some good luck on ebay's cheap 532's but careful on that item. The sellers usually combine the pump diodes as part of the lasers true power and will definitely be pumping out a hefty dose of harmful IR. For $60 you can get a much better quality 532 from reputable company's of equal power or more. Don't get all mesmerized by the 1W rating its guaranteed not to be that. There are many companies that $60 will get you a nice 200mW 532nm without blasting the room with IR. Olike isn't half bad and have a lot of good green's for under $80. Good luck hope its a good one.

Last edited: