Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The most powerful privately owned yellow laser PEN in the world!

(for the moment anyway)

40mw594vs10mw532.jpg

40.1mW peak (according to LG) vs 10mW green ebayser.

DSCF7282.jpg

More to come whenever I can get a meter. I don't see much of a point in actually doing a review of something like this without being able to verify it's output. I can tell you guys that it's bright as hell though, as you can see it's a good bit brighter than my 10mW ebayser. I'll be going on leave over the first two weeks of February during which I'm hoping to meet up with Pseudo and F22 to meter the laser and hang out some, after which point I'll write up a more detailed review. I have a feeling that Glenn will probably beat me to the review of his Rigel 20 and the CNI 589's though (and take much better pics!). I'm also going to be getting a new camera with my taxes, so that will help too.

Razako

Nice! Did you pay extra for that or was it the standard rigel-20 price?

Nice! That is one sweet yellow.
Time to get some of the first YELLOW balloon pop vids up! :evil:

Nice! Did you pay extra for that or was it the standard rigel-20 price?

Standard Rigel 20. From what I understand, if one was to fork more over, one could EASILY trump me though. ;)

Last edited:
Wow. That's crazy. How much was it and how stable is it? I really considered some of these 'unlisted freak' pens with LG's Boxing Day Sale but I just wasn't sure about their longevity and stability...

You sir, are a braver man than I, and you have the beam to show for it. I salute you.

Last edited:
You can send it to me while your on leave and I can keep it company.:)

Schweet laser, great buy. Can you post some pics of it's DPSS assembly or is that
taking to much of a risk?

^what flammin? I have always wanted to see their setups I belive it would make for great dream material.

I was very curious about your "mystery" laser when you were looking for someone with an LPM. Very cool!

I love this. Hopefully yellows will go down in price in a few years...

I'm wondering what changed that suddenly made 593.5 jump in power, and also how 589 is different that allows it to be more powerful. (aside from perceptual brightness).

Lots of mysteries with this stuff... Always did want to see the internal construction of a 593.5 too, and how the 'summing' is done, but I'd never ask someone to take a laser like this apart. :)

You better use Pen-Sink... because with such power, it probably won'T give you long duty cycle.

Razako

You better use Pen-Sink... because with such power, it probably won'T give you long duty cycle.
Actually that's not necessarily correct. The increased power is probably due to higher crystal efficiency and not a more powerful pump diode.

Actually that's not necessarily correct. The increased power is probably due to higher crystal efficiency and not a more powerful pump diode.

That's exactly correct. According to LG, these lasers are second-generation 594's, they use several new crystals and new coatings on the ones that were carried over. If you have pockets that are alot deeper than mine, you can get one offs MUCH more powerful than mine. These lasers are in a very similar situation to greens in 1998, normal ~5mw ones cost $300, but you can get up to 100mw in a pen host if you have very, very deep pockets.