Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The MicroSticks - A Concept Host

sinner

Hey All !! Hope everyones doing all the fine work they been doing for quite some timee.. heres something i had in mind,

I've been contemplating a design that could increase the user compliance in real life usage of your favourite color of laser..

The concept it simple..
An Ultra-Compact host, Just like this one we all have a history with..
RedLaserPointerKeychain-fs.JPG

- Red Laser Diode
- 3x Button Cells
- A driver
- microswitch

Now we can barely fit those flashlights in our pockets with phones and wallets and whatnot.. Secondly i seriously hate that when people you dont want to show your laser notice it, They are just too stupid you cant stand that idiocy or maybe its just me.. !!

2q3b1u0.jpg

This thing could pack a serious punch, a seriously high powered laser in such a package, yet, so insignificant looking for the other person, you can have a complete control over with..

35mdxc7.jpg

Totally Custom , so with the right , diode specific tweaks, this one is going to be the laser i would carry All The Time..

Story was long, sorry for that.. its just a concept for now!!
Let me know via PM

:thanks: for looking!!​

Blord

A good idea. The laser look gorgeous. You also have to think about practical matter like the laser won't go on accidentally in your pocket.

ENX

That's awesome!!! The smaller the better!
Can't wait to see more.

Sounds like a great idea! Ive actually been scouring the web for a few key chain flashlights I could mod into low power every day lasers. I was actually thinking of something smaller ie where you could just use the module as the HS and hence the low power! They definitely wouldn't be anywhere near as sexy though! ;) :gj: and :beer:

sinner

Sounds like a great idea! Ive actually been scouring the web for a few key chain flashlights I could mod into low power every day lasers. I was actually thinking of something smaller ie where you could just use the module as the HS and hence the low power! They definitely wouldn't be anywhere near as sexy though! ;) :gj: and :beer:

Isnt it, :thanks: For low powers its okay to use aixiz only but to some extent, also I am not sure about the practicality of aixiz only laser, i find it pretty exposed and not long lasting..
The whole point of this is to provide better internals , higher quality components and enhance the duty cycles upto acceptable or lets say more than that..

So once we're there , there is no point in limiting it to low power pocket keychain as the whole body is heatsinked head to tail.. You could see it working a lot of engineering going on in there :na:

Isnt it, :thanks: For low powers its okay to use aixiz only but to some extent, also I am not sure about the practicality of aixiz only laser, i find it pretty exposed and not long lasting..
The whole point of this is to provide better internals , higher quality components and enhance the duty cycles upto acceptable or lets say more than that..

So once we're there , there is no point in limiting it to low power pocket keychain as the whole body is heatsinked head to tail.. You could see it working a lot of engineering going on in there :na:

Yup definitely. I was just thinking more of a cheapie PHR803 or LPC826. ;) With yours you can push the limits!:evil:

Have you thought about somehow protecting that great finish from keys, coins etc if youre going to keep it in your pocket? Are you also planning on selling them and if so, what sort of price are you looking at? :beer:

Last edited:

sinner

Yup definitely. I was just thinking more of a cheapie PHR803 or LPC826. ;) With yours you can push the limits!:evil:

Have you thought about somehow protecting that great finish from keys, coins etc if youre going to keep it in your pocket? Are you also planning on selling them and if so, what sort of price are you looking at? :beer:

Thats a great point, More rugged finish probably matte finish powdercoat of different colors.. I'm going to get quotes tomorrow!
As far as the pricing goes i think i can have it made for about ten bucks each and should sell at about the same price..

Thats a great point, More rugged finish probably matte finish powdercoat of different colors.. I'm going to get quotes tomorrow!
As far as the pricing goes i think i can have it made for about ten bucks each and should sell at about the same price..

Wow at that price put me down for 2! ;) :beer:

If that's the price of the host put me down for purchasing as well. Very sharp looking and almost C3 small.

IsaacT

I am totally down to get one of these! Question though: what sort of battery supply will these use? Also, what are the dimensions? Just trying to think out the logistics of it.

Very awesome idea! +1

sinner

Wow at that price put me down for 2! ;) :beer:

If that's the price of the host put me down for purchasing as well. Very sharp looking and almost C3 small.

I am totally down to get one of these! Question though: what sort of battery supply will these use? Also, what are the dimensions? Just trying to think out the logistics of it.

Very awesome idea! +1

Firstly this is just the concept - I cannot sign up anyone or declare the price just yet.. I believe on continuous improvement of the design before i would think of going on to that phase..

As far as the batteries are concerned , I'm open to suggestions.

Some common AW IMR Batteries with Max Discharge Rate.

It's Diameter is 18.25mm Length is just shy of 3"
But if need be : We can go a couple of millimeters wider in the diameter and half a cm longer , It can accept in addition to those
- 14250 (300mAh) - 1.2A+
- 16340 (550mAh) - 2.7A+ Discharge
- 18350 (700mAh) - 3.5A+ Discharge

With a Suitable Driver you can practically drive any diode with these two..
12x S06J , Mits300 or Mits500 at its full power to mention a few.
For a 445nm i would recommend a bigger host..

Firstly this is just the concept - I cannot sign up anyone or declare the price just yet.. I believe on continuous improvement of the design before i would think of going on to that phase..

That's a good way to go about it, truly great designs usually end up evolving from good ones. Must be nice though that at V1 3 people see it and say I'll buy.

sinner

So far, i still have the prototypes i made.. And anxiously waiting for X-switch(boost version) from lazeerer to be the perfect match for this host..

A couple of other things i am working on
1. Design changes from 18.5mm diameter , Increasing to 20mm to make it a 18350 host.

2. Use a momentary switch (Preferably X-switch boost) from lazeerer.

Note: It will be preferable to buy AW-IMR-18350 batteries as it will be a Boost-only setup..

When the driver arrives i am going to make a nice little powerpuff microstick!! ;)

What Focus Adapter would you prefer..

330hct3.jpg

A B OR C.