Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The LC is down LOL!!!!

T

timelord

I've just noticed that the LC is down until the 6th of July :D

S

SenKat

WOW ! Below is what is posted when you visit their forums.....

The forum section of Laser Community has been temporary disabled for various reasons. As a non-profit organization, Laser Community strives to promote lasers, specifically handheld lasers, to the public by allowing an open and honest atmosphere for laser discussion.

Upon reviewing the recent posts on the LC forum, we’ve discovered an increase in spamming activities where many have chosen to abuse this forum by posting content that simply plugs the competition without contributing to the discussion, posting rude and abusive comments, and making derisive comments that are personal attacks rather than a good-faith effort at exploring all aspects of laser-related issues.

While Laser Community is temporary down for maintenance, a new list of rules and regulations will be amended to better foster a constructive atmosphere for laser discussion. We will strongly discourage any spamming activities on LC.

Laser Community will resume on July 6, 2007.

Sounds kinda "official" doesn't it ? Like they are going to not allow ANY mention of competetors' products at all (That's how I read it !) WOW

Haha I JUST saw that! They're probably losing too many sales to other cheaper companies, heck they lost my sales to Nova from that forum. I can't wait to see the new rules lol.

T

timelord

Communist dictatorship at it's best :D You can't even fart with out someone moaning over there any way ;D I feel we will gain some more members too ::)

K

kingzilla

At least lets hope that all their displaced members will flock here. :D This might be our time to rise to the top of laser forums!

EDIT: Although as someone pointed out in another thread we do have a LOT of members! Hope Steve comes over here in the confusion! :D

Gerald

Hey that IS sweet!

Especially this part:
posting content that simply plugs the competition without contributing to the discussion

And that they are sort of saying that people are saying that "NOVA is better than WL, thats it"
I do not think they actually said that surely they provided reasons to why it is so much better right?

Come on, whats the damned point of opening a "Manufacturers Resource" when you feel it makes you lose sales and then close it again?

Is WL Forums going to be like what it was a few months ago? That history lesson in the 18 page thread was REALLY useful.

Lets hope Rechargeables does not get banned for saying he has 8, yes eight, Spyder GX'es.
If he does, its war against them. lol :p

Gerald

If they ban talking about other brands of lasers I'll just quit, and I bet other people will too. I have a feeling this forum is gonna be even more popular than it is now. When you google "Laser Forum" The LPF is already higher than the LC. I wish the LC would let people talk about all lasers, but I guess that's what this forum is for!

Gerald said:
Hey that IS sweet!

Especially this part:
posting content that simply plugs the competition without contributing to the discussion

And that they are sort of saying that people are saying that "NOVA is better than WL, thats it"
I do not think they actually said that surely they provided reasons to why it is so much better right?

Come on, whats the damned point of opening a "Manufacturers Resource" when you feel it makes you lose sales and then close it again?

I noticed that too.  The whole thing really does not make much sense.

What was worse than even the "bashing" was all the meaningless junk posted in the forums.  Stuff like "LOL" plus a smiley really doesn't add to the conversation.

Some of the posting is good.  They have a handful of knowledgeable posters.

T

timelord

The place is full of school kids making meaningless threads all day of pure dribble :mad:

Timelord said:
The place is full of school kids making meaningless threads all day of pure dribble  :mad:

And LPF is the perfect, infallible forum, eh? :D

Anyway:
Can anything just happen without everyone trying to use it to piss everyone else off and rally everyone together as if we were two armies fighting each other? That's one of the most childish aspects of both LC and LPF if you ask me.

Aseras

i thinks it's probably related to all the wicked sucks threads lately, and noone is buying when they see all the ram threads. I bet the new rules are going to be no wicked customer support issues, as it is now they were locking every thread that appeared.

it's wicked fault, their "new" products esp the spyder2 just plain suck. the originals were far better. now you apparently even get a good laser without 2-3 rma's.

T

timelord

Well NOVAlasers, Laserglow, Dragonlasers etc will have field day making money. If Steve kept his prices down to a realistic range then he'll be in the running. If he halved the price of the Spyders and kept all the other lasers in his range competitive then his customer base will be higher.
As for the LC forum he should really encourage people to talk about other laser companies so he can guage the market properly.... :)

DL, I despise and have problems with. I respect WL much more than them and that's saying a lot.

With companies like Nova/Laserglow and optotronics out there though, combined with a large portion of the marketshare going to eBay scammers, I agree that WL has to seriously change their tactics if they hope to stay afloat. They did okay by their agressive marketing for a little while, but that too seems to be failing them.

I miss the days when I could trust a companys claims. Now that I have a good power meter, and a bit of experience with many different models, its impossible for me to trust wicked or dragon, and I can't even take Laserglow's word at face value anymore.

I was as surprised as everyone else here. I come back from a week's vacation and within 12 hours I get an email from Steve saying he's hung the forum, with really no additional information beyond what's on the site. Oh well, at least it gives me a break from having to deal with it for a bit.