Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Greekk ad

Man that greekk add is sure getting annoying I understand these are important to the forum it's just like trying to sleep and having a neon light
shining thru the window. :gun:

Can we get it moved somewhere else?

sinner

Thanks SS !! :beer: i too hate some of these crazy flashy ads make me feel like im epileptic :p

ped

What Greek ad? :D

adblock =
owned.gif

Grix

You guys shouldn't use Adblock, it's highly unethical.

You guys shouldn't use Adblock, it's highly unethical.

Why? I made a $5 donation to the developer a very long time ago. In turn the adblock has saved me from having to see thousands upon thousands of useless, annoying, misleading, and at times moron banners.

You were just joking right?:p

Grix

Why? I made a $5 donation to the developer a very long time ago. In turn the adblock has saved me from having to see thousands upon thousands of useless, annoying, misleading, and at times moron banners.

You were just joking right?:p

No, I weren't joking. Those "useless, annoying, misleading, and at times moron banners" are what's keeping websites alive. Webmasters offer you great content and ask in return that you endure a few ads that covers the cost of hosting. To use websites and bypass the ads is comparable to piracy.

That little section of real estate at the top of the page, while annoying, is easy to ignore. I just scroll right on down.

Now, as to using an add locker being unethical? That is just plane silliness.

Of course the site admin wont even care about our opinion. its the $$ you know.
just use adblock guys.

JLSE

No, I weren't joking. Those "useless, annoying, misleading, and at times moron banners" are what's keeping websites alive. Webmasters offer you great content and ask in return that you endure a few ads that covers the cost of hosting. To use websites and bypass the ads is comparable to piracy.

If we are speaking of LPF, members donate, and if not by $$, with our time.
Open conversations and multimedia are what make this site... Not flashy
ads.

LPF would be nothing without member content.. Im not saying Avery's site
was not a great idea, and we all know he has to maintain it, but it would
be nothing without the members whom contribute every day.

I use AB, and there is nothing that could convince me to shut it off :beer:

If we are speaking of LPF, members donate, and if not by $$, with our time.
Open conversations and multimedia are what make this site... Not flashy
ads.

LPF would be nothing without member content.. Im not saying Avery's site
was not a great idea, and we all know he has to maintain it, but it would
be nothing without the members whom contribute every day.

I use AB, and there is nothing that could convince me to shut it off :beer:

Basically what I was going to say. Maybe with a bit of a jab at facebook for trading on private information.

Also ABP doesn't block all ads... nor do I mind some. The flashing ones from 1996 though... forget it.

Last edited:
I'm not involved, so... I guess in my case ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
LPF relies on advertising to pay for hosting and other business expenses. If you must block an ad, please consider donating monthly. Hosting costs $365 month

This ad can't simply be removed due to contractual obligations. However, for other future ads on the top that would be expiring what I will consider when they come to expire is post a poll to see if people are willing to have an increased donation goal as a result of me not renewing the ad.

Regarding the ban issue, this last week I was visiting a family member who was very sick and it was a stressful time for me. So it was not easy dealing with LPF drama during that period.