Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The First World Problems Thread

IsaacT

What are the first world problems that irritate you every day? I am thinking this could be a fun/funny thread for us to bitch about the small things that really get under our skin. Like.....

My job is giving me too many hours.
My car requires gas.
My degree plan won't finish itself.
My soda gets watered down if I use ice.
My grass grows after I cut it.
The food in my pantry is boring.
My Sonic slush becomes solid ice before I am halfway done.
My smart phone's battery could be better.
My shoes are wearing thin.
I am not wearing thin.
My job hasn't given me a raise yet.

Lol. Now obviously all of those aren't especially serjous , but they are fun to bitch about.

If I had to pick a major one it would be that....

Where my dad lives it's still too far south to see the midnight sun :p(sunset is at the latest 9:58PM)

-Alex

Last edited:

sinner

The grocery store has this Huge glass door , like you literally have to wait for it to open!

Great idea IsaacT, it will be interesting to see what people here bitch about, the things to bitch about grows daily.

People ...

:p

Agreed, too damn many of them.

If I had to pick a major one it would be that....

Where my dad lives it's still too far south to see the midnight sun :p(sunset is at the latest 9:58PM)

-Alex

Ask Santa Claus if you can visit for a few days, otherwise try to take a vacation somewhere very far north sometime in the summer, Greenland might be a good place.

The grocery store has this Huge glass door , like you literally have to wait for it to open!

We have the same thing here, they all have them now, big sliding glass doors that are activated by a motion sensor. Who the hell decided to do that? What happened to the old doors that you would just push open? If they opened and closed fast like Star Trek type doors then it would be ok.

Bumper to bumper traffic everyday. For about 20 minutes.

That's the price you pay for living in or near any big city (too many people). You can have a better quality of life in a small town or a more remote location.

Alan

I only make minimum wage at my job (of which i do basically nothing at) so i dont have much money to spend on things i want (but i dont have to pay for food, housing, clothes, etc).

Something a lot of kids take for granted, especially around here- "wahh i dont have money to spend, wahh i cant go out and buy 700$ worth of clothes, my parents are so selfish." My family has never been rich by any means, and at several times have been able to survive (not literally, you know what i mean) off of donations from our very gracious relatives.
There are plenty of people without things as basic as food or shelter. I've experienced this first hand when i was in Mexico several years ago, and we helped out at a local garbage dump for a day. Sheet metal shacks that people called homes, kids helping their fathers pick cans from the heaps of trash to sell to make a little money so they could eat- really depressing stuff.

Long story short, be grateful for what you have!

Yes be grateful for having what you need just to stay alive, anything more is icing on the cake.

Alan

YouTube doesn't default to Full HD.

Log in to your YouTube account and stay logged in all the time. Click the gear icon near the upper right and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS, then select Playback, look at Video playback quality and be sure " I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video" is not selected, instead be sure to select "Always choose the best quality for my connection and player size" then check the box below it that says "Always play HD on fullscreen (when available)". This should help you view more videos in HD. I am just the opposite and have a slow connection and need low quality videos.

Alan

Log in to your YouTube account and stay logged in all the time. Click the gear icon near the upper right and select ACCOUNT SETTINGS, then select Playback, look at Video playback quality and be sure " I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video" is not selected, instead be sure to select "Always choose the best quality for my connection and player size" then check the box below it that says "Always play HD on fullscreen (when available)". This should help you view more videos in HD. I am just the opposite and have a slow connection and need low quality videos.

Alan

Thanks, I've had that configured for years but YouTube hasn't defaulted to 1080P when I'm not fullscreen. I'm currently using a Chrome plugin to do it, but it does cause a minor stutter in the first 5 seconds or so.

Thanks, I've had that configured for years but YouTube hasn't defaulted to 1080P when I'm not fullscreen. I'm currently using a Chrome plugin to do it, but it does cause a minor stutter in the first 5 seconds or so.

Have you tried the Chrome plugin called "SmartVideo For YouTube"? It seems to work good for me.

Alan

Have you tried the Chrome plugin called "SmartVideo For YouTube"? It seems to work good for me.

Alan

I just tried it, but it doesn't seem to like my setup. I have selected auto 1080P but YouTube clips doesn't seem to be defaulting to 1080P, just stuck on 480P. :thinking:

I live so far out in the country that my internet runs at 4-10 KBps. Sometimes LPF won't even load up!