Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The DX Controversy.

DX is one of the big companies that put lasers on the market for small prices and questionable quality.
DealExtreme-Logo1-300x238.png

Now, without judging the company for it's faults or successes, I noticed something very strange when i accessed their site a while back.
All their lasers... Gone! I wasn't able to find a single laser above 5 mw. This seems very counter-intuitive on their side considering most people who accessed their site only wanted to buy lasers, but are now being turned away.
And it's not the same as BG where you have to be logged in to prove you're not an american, since i tried that.
I don't, nor will I probably have the intention of buying from them, I'm just curious so as to why or how this happened. Do you guys know anything on the topic?

Advertising a laser OVER 5mW is tricky. Claiming a product is UNDER 5mW opens many more doors, and navigates through more customs checks, than honest advertising. (honest advertising from China? rofl)

DX stopped offering lasers over 5mW because of paypal - prohibits sales of lasers over 5mW. This happened a pretty long time ago.

A lot of chinese dropshippers actually stopped selling 5mW lasers... dino direct comes to mind. Although they just setup new websites, and sell lasers from there.

Well, that is kind of sad from some point of view, but i guess there's no going around it (cough cough not using paypal maybe). Well, thanks for the info, even if it was kinda grim.

They haven't had lasers on their site for a year or two. They had some site called YourLaser or something for the lasers but I don't know if they own it anymore.

Yourlaser is IIRC one of the several off- shoots of Dino Direct- I got a delivery from YL today and the return addy & packing was DD.

We have member/reps here from almost all china laser sellers- cherrrylee and funlaser or laserfun are just two.

Buying from a fellow LPF non Company member is many times the best way to go.

you can also place a WTB thread in BS&T.

hope this has been helpful----hak

JETLASERS, AixiZ Lasers, Lasever,Canton Laserphoto, Haklasers & greenlaserpointer.org

I remember when DX had those strong lasers at really low prices... I still love DX, got my order within 10 business days free shipping and they have really great items at low prices

Try Fasttech.com for laser stuff. there better then DX and i've had some very overspec lasers and 532nm modules from them.

Yourlaser is IIRC one of the several off- shoots of Dino Direct- I got a delivery from YL today and the return addy & packing was DD.

I forgot the exact details, but there was a "yourlaser.com" and then a "yourlaser.com" (note the "s"): one was from DX, and another was some rip off or something like that. The one from DX was definitely DX at the time because it said "a DX store" near its logo. They may have just sold that off to DD or some other company because they didn't want to deal with it though. Neither site has "DX" on it anymore though.

The DX store selling laser made it clear they were a DX store, on their homepage while YL and LM
(Lasersman) were not so transparent- & when I asked the person who replied to my Q they claimed that they were not Dino Direct but when I saw that they LM - YL& and lasepointerworld ALL shared the same fax number as DD------ duh?

And now we have Laserfun which sells way more than just lasers and they are an offshoot store of...........DINODIRECT!!

Somebody at LPF told me that they can set up a complete new store in a day or three. mostly all copypasta and a few changes for each listing- they us the same pics. the same lame descriptions & repeat all the same mistakes.

Last edited:
Just purchased a 200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) from dx.com a few days ago. Plenty of lasers advertized on that site. Maybe there are international restrictions?