Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Dragon 125mw.... my review

Quite simple.. my expectations are overwhelmed!!!!!

If I would have had this one first.. I doubt I would have craved more power to burn etc and bought the big boy Herc.... this little thing is "amazing!".

BTW.. mine did come with the sticker.. however without too much comment.. it is quite comical "how" it was shipped!

I recieved mine in a whopping 5 days!..... thats amazing too!

I can burn red matches at 2 feet and pop balloons at 10 feet!

I'm only using titanium NIMH 1000mah batteries too.

I will post a shot of popping a balloon at 6 inches! LOL!... it scared the crap out of me! "as you will see".

It looks like I shot the balloon with a figgin gun it happened so fast! and it almost looks that way too!!! LOL!!!

Pics soon to come.

randall158 said:
do you still think laserglow is best value?

There is a laser for everybody based on thier value system.
After buying the Herc and the Aries.. I still bought the Dragon and am very pleased for something that can fit any occasion.

Having something thats ready and available speaks volumes to the real usability of the unit.

An item is no good if you can't use it.

But I don't regret buying the Herc either because as you can see from the video I will soon post.... I can pop balloons from 25 feet away and make a solid shaft of light into the night... but that satisfys another value system.

No laser can do it all..... but I must say after reading all the struggles WL has had with their much more powerful, and much more expensive units... the dragon is a far better value than when comparing with those.

I see people who can't even light matches and struggle with simple tasks after paying 2K! and others do fine..... I don't want to take a chance for 2K.

I will say if I had it to do all over again and could only have "one" laser.. the dragon would be it!!!!!

Of course there is still no contest for competing against the Herc, as impressive as it is, it doesn't fit in the pocket and it weighs many times more!

When they finally perfect one that will do what the herc does and fits in the pocket, the bigger ones will be even more powerful yet.....so the battle never ends.

As it was once spoken.. the Herc is in a class of its own... tough to weigh in the balances with the small pocket lasers, but as in the heavyweight matches of wrestling, they have to pit one weight against another of similiar size.... The dragon puts to shame lasers of its own class and gives many of the bigger ones a pale look of embarrassment.... but in the world of lasers, pound for pound, based on my view, the dragon is the best.

Dragon_ pops_ balloon_ at_ 6_ inches

Attachments

• Dragon__pops__balloon__at__6__inches.wmv
    631.9 KB · Views: 46
Dragon_burns_match_at_2_feet_&_3_inches

Attachments

• Dragon_burns_match_at_2_feet__3_inches.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Dragon_pops_balloon_at_10_feet

Attachments

• Dragon_pops_balloon_at_10_feet.wmv
    750.2 KB · Views: 42
S

SenKat

Very well spoken ! I have no doubts I will be purchasing one sooner or later (sigh) hard to keep up with the Joneses when they have much more toys ! :cool:

SenKat said:
Very well spoken ! I have no doubts I will be purchasing one sooner or later (sigh) hard to keep up with the Joneses when they have much more toys ! :cool:

Ha!.. tooooo funny!

after the volumes you have written about the epic hercules i must believe that windstrings might be a tad fickle. however pound for pound and size for size i would agree with the man blowing in the wind and give the nod to the dragon 125. the lucent envee 100 only falls short by the smallest of margins; 3 second delay and slightly larger size.

randall158 said:
after the volumes you have written about the epic hercules i must believe that windstrings might be a tad fickle. however pound for pound and size for size i would agree with the man blowing in the wind and give the nod to the dragon 125. the lucent envee 100 only falls short by the smallest of margins; 3 second delay and slightly larger size.

I don't know if you have any guns in your house.... but if all you have is a pistol for everything you do... then your limited.

Its true, you can't take an elephant gun everywhere.. but when your hunting elephants, you better have more than a pistol.

Both have thier uses.. the penlasers are more versatile, but there are some things it just cannot do.. it is not an all in all.. when it is... I won't need my Herc.

But my Herc is the monster..... I don't think I will be popping balloons from 25 feet away with my dragon.....

Nor can I light matches from 12 feet as I can with my Herc.

Also, herc is a commercial piece of equipment that can run continously all day long, or all week for that matter with an external power supply..... its in a whole different class.... so if thats what you need... its the absolute best for the money.....
For occasional hobbyist with limited funs.. the Dragon is an excellent choice.

at some point popping balloons and lighting matches might get old. it might be more fun to whip out that 125 identify your target, blast away, and quickly slip the dragon back in pocket .

randall158 said:
at some point popping balloons and lighting matches might get old. it might be more fun to whip out that 125 identify your target, blast away, and quickly slip the dragon back in pocket .

Well believe me.. my imagination has ran wild.. but I"m afraid to post for fear someone would act on it.....

but what do you think would happen as some guy went to take a drink and right before it hit his lips, his whole glass energized!.. I wonder how far he would throw it!!!!!

Of course those pranks in public would only get these little toys outlawed as soon as a few folks complianed.

i pull those pranks all the time at my store. those lucky people who walk in my door are often greeted by multiple shots to the torso or hat by me. because i own a plumbing supply company i see the same people day in and day out so they are now old hands at being lasered. i do not shine eyes but i often light up a foam cup of coffee or objects that the customers might be holding. when the store is crowded laughter often errupts when i light up the bald head of one of my sales staff as he engages customers. the herc is to big for this stuff ; dl 125 and wicked red pulsar work fine.

S

SenKat

randall158 said:
i pull those pranks  all the time at my store.  those lucky people who walk in my door are often greeted by multiple shots to the torso or hat by me. because i own a plumbing supply company i see the same people day in and day out so they are now old hands at being lasered. i do not shine eyes but i often light up a foam cup of coffee or objects that the customers might be holding. when the store is crowded laughter often errupts when i light up the bald head of one of my sales staff as he engages customers.  the herc is to big for this stuff ; dl 125 and wicked red pulsar work fine.

Yeah - you wouldn't want to cook someone's scalp with a Herc ! YIKES !!!

T

timelord

If you want to cook something real funny then get your goggles on and go outside, then disturb an ants nest LOL
You can play star wars all day LOL ;D Oh take plenty of spare batteries with you as this can become addictive ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The fastest ant i ever came across, i nick named him Forrest Gump ;D
But he got fried in the end by the GREEN DEATH LOL ;D ;D ;D