Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tetris + Laser Harp

Things

Well, laser harp is functioning :D Still hasn't got a case yet, but will get to that shortly.

I haven't really learnt much of the song, and had to play it slowly because I blew up the differential line balancer, meaning my galvo's can only move at 1/2 the scan angle. I only have like 5mm between beams, so I had to watch where my fingers were going :)

DSCF2803.jpg

DSCF2805.jpg

This is a frameless laser harp, beams terminate right on the roof, and the sensors pick up the reflection on the bottom of your hand (Green box).

Gonna have some serious fun with this. Even considering building another one so a friend and I can them at the same time :D

Cheers,
Dan

strik3

It looks and sounds amazing.

Also are you probably going to fabricate a case by hand? Or use a pre built case

Things

The sound can be changed to anything, drums, music loops, voice loops and whatever notes and synths you want :D

As for the case, I am trying to avoid fabricating the main case, although the sensor will need an adjustable stand, so might have to make that myself.

Last picture.

Who the hell made that PCB? He deserves a medal of some sort.

Smiley face. Text reading "This space intentionally left blank".

LOL.

Hah! If that's the case, make that two medals.

:crackup:

Seriously, I understand the smiley face ... but the text? What else is there that we do not see?

Things

Sorry, by "made" PCB I really meant designed them, don't have any of the equipment to make them myself. Cost baout $30 for 10 of the boards :)

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

Cheers,
Dan

Man thats awesome :drool: Just makes me want to live on LPF to attain that type of knowledge...

AMAZING!!! great work... when you commercialize that i want one :)

I'd love to have one too, but if you look at his website (address is on the pcb), it sounds like it's based on another person's design and code, so this may just be a personal project for him.

I assumed it was a personal project... just cause it looks way too complicated to be mass produced by 1 person... but its worth a shot to ask, never hurts to ask :)

Things

Yea, the guy that designed the harp and all he code originally has sold the design to a company, so he can no longer release it anymore, however I do have a few spare PCB's I'll probably never need, so I may be able to sell some PCB's off only. Shipping ot anywhere outside of Aus is pretty attricious, though.

New line driver ordered yesterday, so might be here today. Also should be getting some casing as well.

Here I thought I was being clever noticing your website on the pcb. Never mind the fact that I missed the huge graphic in your signature that points to it as well. I swear I do everything the hard way! :eek: