Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Test my new game!

Hey guys! For those of you wondering where I've been lately, it's because I'm developing my new Xbox 360 game. The game is now finished and will soon be available on Xbox LIVE for purchase :) (I hope to see your support, it is a really good game, you won't be disappointed!).

Being released as an advertising tool will be a Flash version of the game. Much simpler and more 'arcade' it'll have one purpose, to get people to try the Xbox version.

You can try the prototype Flash version here: http://solar.murudai.com/flash_version.html note that stuff like score and instructions don't make any sense, so ignore them, focus on the actual gameplay itself. You can click and drag objects around (and yes, I know that things drag far too slowly).

I'm really struggling for ideas for this game. I could have you try and drag things around to make a solar system, or simply drag objects into each other to cause damage. Not sure. Any and all feedback is welcome to make this game as fun as possible!

MERC

I like the idea with the orbits but im not sure what the objective should be. When will it be releases on the marketplace ill be sure to download it.

MERC said:
I like the idea with the orbits but im not sure what the objective should be. When will it be releases on the marketplace ill be sure to download it.

'bout a week. Just going through final review.

Yeah, that's it, it's a great idea but not sure how to turn it into a game.

Kenom

Interesting game. Does it actually have any basis in gravitational pull? Bah nevermind how could it be? There are no defined sizes for any of the planets or star. Very interesting game.

Can't say that it's something I'd spend all that much time on but I'm old and don't have an x-box or don't even play games anymore. However, you've done a good job!

304420 !!! I like the concept of this game, and the music, as it is quite relaxing. You could add comets and black holes to make it more difficult. If I understand the concept, you must keep your planets orbiting around you right ? Or what was the original goal of the game ?

I think I have scored much more but I didn't know there was a hi-score input at the end.

The Xbox version is VERY different and MUCH better to this 'Flash version'. Seems a lot of people are seeing the Flash version and thinking 'I don't like this, so I won't like the Xbox version'.

So what I'm going to do is make the Flash version into one of the parts of the Xbox version, same controls and everything. Not only will that clear up that issue, it'll also make the game much more fun :)

Stay tuned for updates!

New version done, this is a complete version and not a prototype!

http://solar.murudai.com/flash_version.html

You may need to clear your cache to see it. If you aren't seeing the ad at the start, clear your cache. Also, with that ad, please click it, it helps me out if you do :)

Feedback goes here \/

I like the second version so much more. Like immensely more, mainly just because it has an objective, a sense of purpose, and feels more finished. Definitely go with the solar system building, is alot more fun than just wreaking intergalactic havoc [smiley=evil.gif]

Geneticz said:
I like the second version so much more. Like immensely more, mainly just because it has an objective, a sense of purpose, and feels more finished. Definitely go with the solar system building, is alot more fun than just wreaking intergalactic havoc  [smiley=evil.gif]

That's what I like to hear! And I completely agree. You have more purpose, requires more skill rather than luck and the game operates smoother; better game all round.

You still get to blow stuff up and get rewarded for it in the Xbox version though, if you like that kind of thing [smiley=evil.gif] (But there is still system building in the Xbox version as well [smiley=engel017.gif] ).

I like it. The sun is far easier to control. In the previous version, the score system was just random, so good job on that.

EDIT : Finally manage to beat you Brtaman hehehehe ;D

I've had my peak. I'm 8th now

And a quick idea; maybe you should have a button to start, as i didn't know that it had started as soon as the instructions started up

Fun and addictive game murudai [smiley=thumbup.gif] :) could be the next snake

robjdixon said:
And a quick idea; maybe you should have a button to start, as i didn't know that it had started as soon as the instructions started up

Yeah, I've thought about that. But because the game is so simple, and people would generally play again to try and beat their score anyway, I don't think there is much problem floundering around trying to learn at the start :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I'll lock this one in and keep this game as it is. Which means that both the Xbox and Flash versions of this game are done, and I just need to wait for the Xbox version to be cleared for the marketplace and after that I'll release the Flash version as well.

Thanks for testing, but I do ask that you don't go throwing this game around everywhere :) The purpose of this game is to advertise my Xbox version, and while the Xbox version isn't ready to purchase anyone who plays this game before is a potential customer I've lost. But feel free to keep playing it, I can do a bit of advertising for my Xbox game here anyway so it doesn't matter if you get sick of this game before the Xbox version is ready for purchasing :D