Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Test Load Simulated Diodes?

I am using the Osram PLP450 450nm Laser Diode. How many diodes should I simulate with the 3A Selectable Test Load Summary from SurvivalLaserUSA, I know I asked this before I just want to confirm. Feel free to help out.

Look up what the forward volts are on the data sheet. Then select theright amount of diodes to simlate said forward volts. Prolly in the 4-5 diodes range

It shows an operating voltage of 5.8. Ill check my notes when im home and see if that matchs. Seems a lil high for a blue diode

Look at a data sheet or have notes from someone. I actually dont have the exact volt drop aka forward volts for this exact diode. For that exact test load it takes a few diodes to drastically change the volt drop. My other notes show the range of 4.8 to 5.3 volts for a lot of 445ish diodes!
Try four to five diodes and use a multimeter to see how many volts its running and go from there. I think thats about how many diodes i used in a few recent same diode builds
Im still pretty new to this, yet not aftaid to burn diodes!

Last edited:
No No No! There's no data sheet yet for that diode, that is a new diode, and yes the voltage is high, DTR's testing shows it at about 6.3-6.4V. Use 8 diodes on the test load.

Alan