Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tem01

I was playing around with $3 >5mW 405nm pen and noticed it went TEM01. :thinking: I know this cant happen because its not DPSS. I thought I was seeing things because I know the nature of Blu-Ray, so I looked again while it was stationary and it was a single spot. I started to make a circle and it did it again. You could clearly see it was 2 spots, and it made kind of a wide ribbon with no light in the center when I was doing a circle. I noticed that when I shook the laser it would cause it to go into TEM01.

How can this happen? :thinking: I know I'm not seeing things.

Last edited:

For $3 . . . ,

the Chinese can make all kinds of strange outputs happen. :evil:

LarryDFW

Last edited:
LOL, I guess so. They made a mistake on their eBay ad. They said they would not ship it and after I gave them negative rep they sent it to me if I removed it.

Fenzir

I had this happen with a 100mw green I had. I took the thing apart and cleaned the lens with rubbing alcohol and now it's fine.

anselm

Is this a Newwish pen with the aperture at the tip and some air underneath?
I had these symptoms like you and in my case it was trapped pocket lint.:D

I tried cleaning it, but nothing. I'll try to get a pic tonight. Yes it is a Newish but I haven't taken the cap off yet.

On topic: Didn't Gonnain Blood (Sp) have this happen with a red laser? Lemme find the link. Here!!

Offtopic: Something I noticed. I never heard about Lotus_Darkrose when I first signed up. His registering is in 09 though. And now there you post everywhere.

Last edited:
On topic: Didn't Gonnain Blood (Sp) have this happen with a red laser? Lemme find the link. Here!!

Offtopic: Something I noticed. I never heard about Lotus_Darkrose when I first signed up. His registering is in 09 though. And now there you post everywhere.

Lotus Darkrose used to post all the time, then he took a break, then came back. I dont get your point.

Ontopic: Had an extremely hard time trying to take a picture while twirling the laser in a circle. Its not worth the effort IMO. I just wanted to know if someone else had seen this before.

Members pop in and out all the time. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and lasers dont seem so important anymore.

Trevor

Try sweeping it across a GITD substance to make the results stick around slightly longer. :)

-Trevor