Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Telescope Beam DE-expander lol

After looking through countless charts that were not oriented the same as this photo and the beginning of a headache, this is my guess. I'm hope I'm right.

Whooo! It looks nothing like the closer up pictures on the googles. Those brighter stars above it are what helped lead me two it. More specifically the two small ones real close together with 1 larger one on the left and two large ones on the right. Whatever that is. Only star I can point too and be 100% correct all the time is the sun :)

Yes Cassiopeia. I use it to point to NGC869 and 224 (Andromeda galaxy. not pictured)

*Actually looking at the pic of the finder scope being lased Andromeda IS visible

Last edited:
Ahh, I've had enough charts for one night. Awesome pictures though.

Thanks. It is an Apogee Instruments scope on a Celestron CG5 G.E.M

gismo

The thickness of the blue beam is brutal:bowdown:...seeing them houses in the pic makes me think what could have been the neighbours thinking...an alien invasion or a classified military practice in the area:D.

Seriously now, trying to imagine how would it look like with a 500mW+ green beast:lasergun:

How do you find your nikon D3100 camera? I'll be buying an entry-level DSLR thingy anytime soon, looking for some tips...

:kewlpics:

Green crossed my mind to. It would be pretty awesome. The blue was like an eerie, funky, spotlight in the sky.

Speaking of neighbors WHAT IS PERCHED on that houses steeple?!?!?! I just went out and looked. nothing is there rite now.

I thoroughly love my D3100. I have had it for two years so far and I cant think of a reason why Ill be using anything else in the near future.

The stock 18-55mm lense leaves alot to be desired though. Its fine for general shots. For me its not wide enough and the "zoom" is weak. I still haven't bought another lense however.

gismo

Wish I had an empty outdoor area for decent laser beam shots to be taken:D

That's the thing to get the right lens, once you've got a nice DSLR you like, I'm fully with you...it's what make them cameras bloody expensive. In the end it must be a win, if one's skilful enough at photographing.

Keep shooting (not only) stars (while lasing), man. Your pictures are well worth it.

Last edited:

gismo

You both could be right...

hE8F60BCA

:D

Last edited:

djQUAN

^lol!

comparing the first and second pics again, I think and owl is more likely.