Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techlasers - any experiences?

Hi, I'm new on this forum. So please be patient with me :)

I'm thinking of getting a good green laser with good beam specs. So I found that techlasers website on the Net and their prices seemed quite ok. It was exactly the Skybolt Laser that really caught my attention due to it's relatively low divergence. But also the Crossfire looked nice as it is quite affordable though it is high powered. Now I would like to know whether those lasers can be recommended or even better: Maybe someone already tried them out? I would appreciate if you'd share your experiences with me.

Than another question: I must admit that i am really mixed up a little with all that portable lasers, cause when i saw that skybolt and crossfire lasers i remebered that i had already seen lasers that looked just like these. And i found the site again. It was Optotronics (I heard only the best over Lasers from Optotronics) and Laserglow if i'm not mistaken. Is there a difference between those Lasers offered by the three companies? Is it the same manufacturer?

I hope anyone can help me, and sorry my english is not that good - I'm German ;)

Razako

If you want a quality laser you should buy from Optotronics, novalasers or laserglow.

If you want a cheap laser you can buy from dealextreme or techlasers.

Chad

My experience involves a very shoddy product, and absolutely no response from tech support.
There are others, however few, that have been satisfied with Techlasers... but still, I advise you to NOT buy from them.
BTW, The Skybolt, as it's called, is a very cheap imitation of Optotronics' RPL. Jack has verified this. The Crossfires are CNI PGL-IIIB's, but they aren't stringently tested, and you're more than likely to get a bad one.

Go with Nova Lasers, Laserglow, or Optotronics. :D

Razako said:
If you want a quality laser you should buy from Optotronics, novalasers or laserglow.

If you want a cheap laser you can buy from dealextreme or techlasers.

Well the Techlasers are low priced but i wouldn't say it is cheap. So if I really decide to spend around 700 dollars + I'd like to get a good laser that lasts.

And I'm really sad to hear that TL doesn't seem to offer quality products. But that is why I asked you guys here. Better know irt from the beginnig than finding it out by myself.
Only thing I wonder: If they don't offer good quality how does it come they are still in business? I mean the more customers get disapointed, the worse business runs.
Aren't there any customers who made good experiences with the crossfire for example? I mean at least it is CNI according to your post - that should guarantee for some quality, shouldn't it? Concerning the Skybolt: If it is a copy of the RPL I might as well get the RPL as the price is nearly the same.

Razako

If you have 700 to spend then you should should go for a low rpl. Those things won't disappoint you.

Gazoo

Let's just assume both lasers are the same even though we know they are not. If you want to know how well Techlasers treats its customers after the sale, just do a search on this forum. Jack, whom is the owner of Optotronics, will never let you down. To me service and support are more important than trying to save a few bucks. I have never bought a laser from Jack but his reputation speaks for itself. As does the reputation of Nova and LaserGlow.

m VERY disappoint with Techlasers buy laser from them about 600$ but i got %^#$%#$^ laser and i check it THEY DIDN"T SELL A real CNI laser they sent a copy 4 my
now it didn't work any more

and techlaser NEVER ans your email so don't try with TL.

Thank you all for sharing you experiences with me. If you feel there is anything else I should know... all advises are very welcome. Right now I'm looking for a laser at "Novalasers" and "Optotronics". For me as a beginner I thought about maybe getting a Novalaser Alpha 105. Is that supposed to be a good one? I assume the Alpha's do have a constant on switch, right? Cause I hate those momentary push buttons ;)

polppol: I'm sad to hear that. The laser just failed? Do you know what failed? What model did you buy?

Chad said:
Nope, the Alpha's don't have a constant-on switch. :p
ARGH, I assumed that because they are showing a photography in the description of that Alpha Laser where you can see the laser turned on just lying on a desk or something...

Chad

LOL, what would advertisements be without Photoshop I wonder? ::)

deadeye said:
Thank you all for sharing you experiences with me. If you feel there is anything else I should know... all advises are very welcome. Right now I'm looking for a laser at "Novalasers" and "Optotronics". For me as a beginner I thought about maybe getting a Novalaser Alpha 105. Is that supposed to be a good one? I assume the Alpha's do have a constant on switch, right? Cause I hate those momentary push buttons  ;)

polppol: I'm sad to hear that. The laser just failed? Do you know what failed? What model did you buy?

Laser that i buy is Crossfire 250Mw TL said that it a CNI laser but when i got it
i found that i a FAKE one and TL never answer me again now im looking 4 new laser

now i just looking 4 CNI PGL-III-C 250Mw too it a little expensive than Crossfire 250Mw TL

polppol said:
[quote author=deadeye link=1201550836/0#7 date=1201701923]Thank you all for sharing you experiences with me. If you feel there is anything else I should know... all advises are very welcome. Right now I'm looking for a laser at "Novalasers" and "Optotronics". For me as a beginner I thought about maybe getting a Novalaser Alpha 105. Is that supposed to be a good one? I assume the Alpha's do have a constant on switch, right? Cause I hate those momentary push buttons  ;)

Laser that i buy is Crossfire 250Mw TL said that it a CNI laser but when i got it
i found that i a FAKE one and TL never answer me again now im looking 4 new laser

now i just looking 4  CNI PGL-III-C 250Mw too it a little expensive than Crossfire 250Mw TL
[/quote]

Do you have any pictures? How did you find out it's a fake? Maybe you just need to contact them again. I had no problems getting a replacement last month. :-?

I bought the infinity 95 mW for about 177.00 delivered great laser blows through batteries only burns for the first few minutes of batt would i buy another no-way fast shipoping three days to california overall good company i guess

john_lawson said:
I bought the infinity 95 mW for about 177.00 delivered great laser blows through batteries only burns for the first few minutes of batt would i buy another no-way fast shipoping three days to california overall good company i guess

I didn't really understand the last part
but I had 2x 95mW Vipers from Dragonlasers and they both burn for the first few minutes then I need to recharge

basically everybody that says they have had good experiences with techlasers, DOESNT OWN A LASER METER. They don't know they are getting ripped off. Those "good experiences and good reviews" involve "the beam and dot seem to be 125mW... it burns my skin". Those techlasers reviews annoy me a lot