Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techhood, anyone have experienced with them?

coal

Link to their store (don't click if you don't want to!). 635nm-660nm Red Laser, 405nm Violet Lasers items in Techhood store on eBay!

I like DTR but he doesn't offer everything I need for my projector (not pointer).
Lasershowparts has but is a bit pricey in my opinion and shipping from Australia is a bit slow/expensive to me.
I'm not from the US, so maybe the case is different for most of the folks here.

For some reason I'm very certain I've heard the name "Techhood" before. Anyone here has experienced with them? In "that other forum" I found there are like two negative reviews and few more people saying they regularly buy from them without issues.
If anyone here has any experience with them please let me know. Cause they are from china, but on the other hand being able to buy the optics holders, mirrors and optics from the same place and just slightly cheaper is tempting.

Last edited:

I used to buy from him and it was all good, sometimes his spec sheet is all messed up such as on his NUBM blocks, but 532's I bought from him were good. He used to have a site called SpaceLinker I think, he's been around a long time and carries a lot of stuff, I would buy from him if you can't get it locally.

Last edited:
Ive bought from him a few times over the years, shipping isnt the quickest to Europe and normally takes 3-4 weeks. My latest experience wasnt so good though, Robinson is however trying to rectify the situation.

I ordered on the 20th of Nov and queried the shipment after approx 35 days. I got the standard "its stuck in customs" rubbish - it was only 5 lenses so I questioned this and he sent a shipping number. After checking it, it would appear that my package was sent to Chile...How he didnt know this when he told me it was stuck in customs, is beyond me.:tsk:

Anyway he wanted to send a new package which I agreed to if he would ship express ie 1 week and not another 4. He finally agreed, so I will report back once I have an update.

I havent had any other issues with Techhood so I would still recommend them. Communication has always been excellent. :beer:

Last edited:

coal

thanks.
Are you sure the tracking he sent was indeed for your package? How on earth can a package for Europe mistakenly be sent to Chile to a specific address?

If not secret, what have you guys ordered from him? It's hard to mess up mirror holders (something from mchined from metals), mirrors and optics on the other hand come in different qualities and require more care when packaging.

Ive ordered the odd diode, a few lenses, and other laser bits and bobs and the items were always well packed. :beer:

Last edited:

coal

Thanks again. Would be interesting to know about the quality as well. I don't have a LPM myself. Would like to know how well the lens AR coating, PBS cubes and dichros are in terms of power loss, provided you have bought these and have a LPM yourself.

I've ordered from him a few times, I believe he tries to represent everything accurately, but he has made mistakes in a couple of my orders in the past, but he did rectify the problem each time too. The hardest thing to find buying laser stuff from China is finding a seller who tries to be honest with their listings, he does, won't list something to be other than what he knows it to be.

The one seller I most refuse to buy from anymore has a ebay name which starts with Laser..... I won't even say who they are to draw any amount of attention to their web page on ebay. Every single laser diode or module I bought from them was 1/2 of the power output they claimed it to be, some less! They also list a 20X beam expander but show a photo of a larger higher quality unit, even misrepresenting the specs in emails. Another China ebay seller I won't buy from starts with Lilly, another which starts with Apt.... All in China and all giving the same kind of misrepresentations. I know some members here have bought stuff from each of those sellers without a problem, but that sure wasn't my experience.

Last edited:

coal

Thanks. It would help to tell what the mistakes were, if it's okay for you.

Hi,
I also ordered from them plenty of times basically diodes . at the diodes are what they say they are and are brand new if stated. No trouble at all takes about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks but thats fine with me. If you buy 2 at a time you could ask to cut the cost down a bit and they usually do if it's not to much. Existotem is another great eBay merchant also he will work with you on multiple diode buys.

Rich:)

coal

Thank you. But what do you mean that diodes are new if stated? What's an old diode? Used one, or kept in poor humid conditions? I can't think of a situation where someone will put a diode in a module, use it then sell the diode alone. Whats the point?

Hi,
NO some might be cut pins which indicate some times there pulled from a devise. But that's not the case all the time very rare, so don't misconstrue what i'm saying 99% of the time they only sell brand new diodes. they are safe to buy from there ESD protected in a shipping wrapper very well. I purchased many no problems. Some times you can get a really great deal on them you just have to wait till they get here..

Rich:)

coal

I just wanted to understand what you meant by "used diode", that's all.

I'm sure we could arrange shipping via Fedex or similar because I can't wait a month for my projects, but combined shipping would still be cheaper than doing the same from Australia I believe.
I need things like PBS cubes, dichros, FS mirrors, correction optics, mirror holders and finally proper diode hosts for knife edge combining. DTR simple doesn't have some of these and Lasershowparts is twice the cost. It might not be much, but when you need 10-20 of each component it adds up quickly.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience.

I have heard the name before, and sounds familiar. However, they have some VERY bad ebay reviews, such as not even shipping their product, I wouldn't trust them

I bought many lasers off of freemascot.com, trust me, they will deliver the exact output power claimed, and shipping is very fast. some say they're a scam but i say differently. I have had their lasers for about 3 months now and i've had zero problems. They also have great customer service

Last edited:

coal

That's what I wanted to hear.
Honest response now:

You either think I'm a complete idiot to fall for this or are honest but present yourself very poorly. These are your only two posts in this forum as of now and they are about how one seller sucks and suggest to buy from someone else you yourself admit some people call a scammer, on top of that they don't sell anything I mentioned I need, or anything close to what techhood sells, just laser "projectors" and pointers.
These are the negative feedbacks left to techhood in the past 12 months: eBay Feedback Profile for techhood
3 about not receiving the item, none about the item not being shipped ( which you could only know if you were given a tracking number or had to be given one).

So I don't have a reason to trust you.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS