Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tallaxo and Merl laser meet

Gazoo

Millionaire,
In the description it reads Power supply 110V-220V AC

This means it plugs in to the wall outlet. You supply the cord.

oops sorry me bad its cause its like 3am here and I ain't been to bed yet.. all you need is a powerlead sorry and some soldering to attach the cable for the lanling driver cable

Gazoo

Merl said:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forumdata/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/dark_shadows/tongue.gif[/url]
Tongue19 date=1188785976]gazoo we are gonna have to stop posting at the ame time (;

It happens.. ;) I just can't get over the power of the red. I know Tallaxo did a review on it but I can't find it.. :p

Gazoo said:
[quote author=Merl link=1188759399/15#[url]http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forumdata/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/dark_shadows/tongue.gif[/url]
Tongue19 date=1188785976]gazoo we are gonna have to stop posting at the ame time (;

It happens.. ;) I just can't get over the power of the red. I know Tallaxo did a review on it but I can't find it.. :p[/quote]

Gazoo I moved it to the Companies and Reviews section and posted in it so you should see it now, or you can just follow this link: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1181755631/0 ;)

Gazoo

Thank you. I did notice as I had found it before you moved it, but it is now easier for everyone to find.. :)

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Millionaire please feel free to use the pic as your avatar ;)

I was very surprised at some of the readings on the lasercheck, so much so, that I prolly measured each of them about 20 times over the 2 days, just to make sure.

Funniest thing was, the accidental match light, when the red rolled a little on the table and lit the match 5 feet behind us. That was a bit freaky :eek:. We were both like WTF???

Just to clarify a little. The red modules come with everything you need to power them up, all you need to supply is an AC plug and a bit of cable to attach to the supplied connector.

Included is the module, the driver board, power cable and a TTL blanking cable for Modulation. Here is a picture.

Jase

Attachments

• P1010068_002.JPG
    P1010068_002.JPG
    974.5 KB · Views: 254

Daedal

Way cool! I'm glad you guys pulled it off. I loved the pictures and the reviews. I hope we can do the same here sometime. :)

I am tempted to ask Langling to buy one of the red modules just for fun, but I don't know if I can justify it given my diode lasers... What do you think? Also, does he have any kind of cheaper shipping? ;D

Last inquiry... What's up with the IR not showing up in the pictures? ;) I'm sure that at 500mW the camera would have picked up some IR from it :p

That is truly amazing though. I'm glad you guys did this. The pictures are amazing and that must have been a great time. It sure sounds like it ;)

--DDL

Daedal tbh we never switched the IR one on for the pics, as we were running all around the place taking pics and we only had one pair of safety goggles...... Mind you even with the IR not on Tallaxo still managed to almost burn a hole in his jeans with one of the reds (;

Thanks DDL, it sure was good fun. I would recommend a real life meet to anyone.

As for Lanlings modules, they are indeed quite powerful and pack a punch, however I am not sure what his discount to us would be for just 1 module, as I guess he wouldn't be making very much on them at that price, but he may be able to offer you discount on shipping.

Just E mail him and ask him, dont forget to quote LPF and yours truly if you do.

The Pseudo IR was not actually switched on for the photos. I don't really recall why we didn't have it switched on, oh well, maybe next time.

Jase.

Edit: you beat me to it Merl :)

Well here we go, as promised my pics......

The lasers all lined up
DSCF1253Medium.jpg

Now we have them all turned on (Except the 808nm)

DSCF1255Medium.jpg

DSCF1256Medium.jpg

DSCF1257Medium.jpg

DSCF1259Medium.jpg

DSCF1264Medium.jpg

DSCF1265Medium.jpg

DSCF1266Medium.jpg

If you look on the picture below to the left of the picture the far beam's well the beams of the Pulsar and Core combine to make an orange

DSCF1267Medium.jpg

DSCF1268Medium.jpg

And here we have 2 of Tallaxo's Lanling Scanner taken at 2.19am after we had been drinking so apparentkly we did try and take some pics but tbh I dont remember taking these...........

DSCF1251Medium.jpg

DSCF1252Medium.jpg

Gazoo

Wow! Those are some awesome pics and really do show the differences in the tightness of the beams between the different lasers. Those Lanling's are simply incredible. I know they could be converted into portables, but I would use a very good driver board if I were to make it a project.... :p

The orange/yellow where the beams criss cross is neat. I don't know what you were doing with the scanner. ;D But that's neat too. Thanks for the pics.. :)

Daedal

Gazoo said:
The orange/yellow where the beams criss cross is neat.

That reminded me of a picture I took a while back... ;D

Hope you like it;
DDL

Attachments

• Master_Yellow_.jpg
    Master_Yellow_.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 168
Ok guys we have a couple of more pics of my SpyderII with Tallaxo's homemade scanner

DSCF1249Medium.jpg

DSCF1246Medium.jpg