Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tactical IR Laser

DimaX

Hi guys!
I desperately need an IR tactical laser with MOUNT!
Don't know what wattege I need but offer me anything you want.

Where can I buy a laser that connects to M16?(infrared!)
please try to give me cheap places.. :)

thanks!!

um... why you want an IR one...?
Do away with the bullets, and blind people with the ir laser straight off why dont you...
please dont do this i was actually being sarcastic ok? i do not suggest or condone blinding anyone with an IR laser, just pointing out that if you did use an IR laser you probably will blind people.

I would imagine he wants to have the IR laser for night vision..... That’s what I do with my broken leadlight i just took out the mca assembly and refocus it and play with it using my night vision..... Would make since because you are using night vision for a reason... to not been seen with a flashlight so i am guessing you would also want an invisible laser..... As for the laser just get any green laser open it up take out the mca and ir filter re focus it and then you have a 400mw ir laser should be powerful enough to illuminate any target or put a dot far away on a target.

Cheep lasers are found at http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.911 and you might as well get their green gun sight laser http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5027 and look up how to take it apart and change it into an ir laser like I said.

DimaX

thanks for the quick answers!
I'm sorry but taking apart lasers isn't an option because the lasers are intended to be sold to a swat squad for the police of my country. The item's must be new and unused...

err, well, good luck. This is the point where DIY makes it way cheaper for yourself than getting something "proper".

Although, how many units were you thinking of? MAybe you can talk to a laser company? Or a Laser gunmount company, to make you some special ones.

Seriously!
Don't bet life on those lasers!
Find reduntant LD arrays over the 1050nm wavelenth.
Heck, use TV remote LED arrays at least.
You can't see light above that wavelenth.
Modified green DX lasers emit 808nm that is visable.

War is hell.

DimaX

At first I need 1 unit for exaple to the company.
Later it can gete to 20 for starters...
I need it IR so that it will be visible ONLY with Special Company night vision equipment.
Do you have suggestions?
Maybe links to laser companies that I can ask? better even Gun Mount Laser copmanies...
The cost should be low but offer anything you find.
at Ebay they have some sellers that offer this thing: search "IR tactical laser" - he one that costs 130$
is it good?

Dima,
I'd buy one and then if your happy buy more direct.
Price seems reasonable to me.

just a general question: if you had a powerful IR laser, you could use it as a wepon right? I mean, you wouldn't have to shin them in the eye to hurt them? I'm guessing because IR is heat, so a concentrated beam would be hell. Sorta like those new microwave weapons that they just brought out to the public (where the plans can be bought on amazing1. com to turn a household microwave to a "cannon").

It wont hurt people really unless it is very high like a watt or two, The most it would do is probably slightly sting, unless human skin absorbs ir very well but i think it doesnt :-? If it did shine in their eyes tho yes it would more than likely permanantly blind them.

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Ah, ok. So I'm guessing that it would just be better to stick with a microwave cannon to burn without fire? Ah well, thank god for parabolic mirrors.