Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

T6 and C6 Hosts

NKO29

Hey i was looking for a suitable host for my laser build and i have come down to 2 choices...
T6- SLT-1022 Cree XM-L T6 600lm 3-Mode White Flashlight - Dark Grey (1 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only
And
C6- C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I love the new T6 and it's looks but i know that you can buy C6 heatsinks very easily... Can you use a C6 heatsink in a T6 host? Also which host do you prefer :)
Thanks for reading...

Heatsinks are generally not interchangeable between hosts, no matter how similar they may be. For example, WF-501B sink will not fit WF-502B host, even though they use exact same P60 drop in emitter.

You're going to have to get this one custom made if nobody has any for sale already.

NKO29

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the good info... I might buy one just to see, and if it doesnt fit then i will still have a flashlight that i can keep.

Laik

Like Eud said, you won't be able to use the same heat sink for both hosts. If i had to choose from those 2, i would go with the c6. I would get the press fit sink from Eud as well ;)